Troop Withdrawl in Iraq

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Troop Withdrawl in Iraq

Post by colt1rgr »

IEDmagnet wrote:
Steadfast wrote:One thing that will happen is that for every US Soldier that served in Iraq or Afg - there will be an 10 fold increase of those claiming service there.
That has already started...
Yes it has and as we have already discussed, all of the "Never been off the FOB" weenies will all come down with PTSD and never work again. :roll:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

"will"? I guess you didn't hear about the AF predator drivers out in vegas claiming PTSD b/c of the horrific duty they had driving airplanes and dropping the occasional missile. That shit is already happening...
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

goon175 wrote:"will"? I guess you didn't hear about the AF predator drivers out in vegas claiming PTSD b/c of the horrific duty they had driving airplanes and dropping the occasional missile. That shit is already happening...
True. Sadly true.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

Jim wrote:
goon175 wrote:"will"? I guess you didn't hear about the AF predator drivers out in vegas claiming PTSD b/c of the horrific duty they had driving airplanes and dropping the occasional missile. That shit is already happening...
True. Sadly true.
You gotta be s***ing me! And someone at VA is accepting this with a straight face?
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

colt1rgr wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:
Steadfast wrote:One thing that will happen is that for every US Soldier that served in Iraq or Afg - there will be an 10 fold increase of those claiming service there.
That has already started...
Yes it has and as we have already discussed, all of the "Never been off the FOB" weenies will all come down with PTSD and never work again. :roll:

Yeah I run into them almost every day. I shit you not we have a guy who was a court reporter in the Marines who has a claim for PTSD the he claims he recieved from having to take notes on other people's noncombat cases. So far he has been denied.

I also ran into a chick who is 50% service connected for PTSD for a mortar round that landed on the FOB, and I quote "5 to 600 meters away"
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I work with a Navy Reservist who I believe was suffering from PTSD before his first deployment. He broke down at work one day crying and worried that he was going to be taken prisoner and "ass raped". I suppose it is in his nature to be a worrier, but I always found it odd that he was more concerned about sexual assault then IEDs or snipers.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

And someone at VA is accepting this with a straight face?
And you know what the issue is...the G.O.'s and CSM's are in a tizzy about about "no stigma", and by-golly if you say a guy is full of shit or a pussy, well then you are just perpetuating the stigma. We had to watch a video, where they had different people talking about how they dealt with there problems, you know, showing there is no stigma. One of them was this african-american chick who was talking about how a soldier called her a racist, and that so shook her that she got PTSD from it. I'm sorry, thats not PTSD, that's weak-sauce syndrome. There ARE soldiers with PTSD, and they DO need to feel that it is ok to go get help, but it's all these fucks out there who are straight douche bags who go see the counselors and stuff, and the guys that need the help don't want to be associated with the douche bags.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

goon175 wrote:
And someone at VA is accepting this with a straight face?
And you know what the issue is...the G.O.'s and CSM's are in a tizzy about about "no stigma", and by-golly if you say a guy is full of shit or a pussy, well then you are just perpetuating the stigma. We had to watch a video, where they had different people talking about how they dealt with there problems, you know, showing there is no stigma. One of them was this african-american chick who was talking about how a soldier called her a racist, and that so shook her that she got PTSD from it. I'm sorry, thats not PTSD, that's weak-sauce syndrome. There ARE soldiers with PTSD, and they DO need to feel that it is ok to go get help, but it's all these fucks out there who are straight douche bags who go see the counselors and stuff, and the guys that need the help don't want to be associated with the douche bags.

Goon be careful you are starting to sound like me.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Haha I will tread carefully!
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I wonder, could I claim PTSD because I saw the news report about the initial jump into A-stan and was upset I wasn't there?.. :?
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Mingo Kane
Ranger

Post by Mingo Kane »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Flesh Thorn wrote:I work with a Navy Reservist who I believe was suffering from PTSD before his first deployment. He broke down at work one day crying and worried that he was going to be taken prisoner and "ass raped".
Doesnt want to be ass raped AND joined the Navy??? :shock:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....No shit.
B Co. 1st/75th 1983-86
Mentor to JTEL1
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

1.7% of males in the VA system reported being man raped
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “The Mosh Pit”