Introduction, like a boss

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dduron
Embryo

Introduction, like a boss

Post by Dduron »

Hello, my name is David and I'm going to join the Army when I lose 40 pounds (220 lbs) and possibly become a Medic or a 11x. I've been in the EMS and Firefighting community for three years and recently separated due to departmental issues. My dilemma isn't like everyone else, I'm fine with pulling security or whatnot during ambushes and stuff, I'm just struggling with the issue of healing an enemy combatant after they just tried to kill me. So would any medic on here respond (if there are any) and just tell me how you react to this kind of situation? I'm fine with enlisting as an infantryman (11c or 11b) and either way will be great. My great grandfather served in World War 2 with an airborne division (not sure, he died when I was young) and I'll be the first one since him to be combat orientated. Also if you can give tips on running and having energy, I'd greatly appreciate it.
"I know it shouds all dickish but if you were training for the Olympics you wouldn't train to a certain time. you would train to do as good as you possibly can. You are now training for your Olympics."

- Ranger Baseplate
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Introduction, like a boss

Post by rgrokelley »

I'm just struggling with the issue of healing an enemy combatant after they just tried to kill me

Until you are in that situation, don't worry about it. You will most likely never get into that situation.

By the way... "like a boss" is what 12 to 14 year old boys say in my high school, based upon that retarded video by Lonely Island. They usually outgrow it by their junior year.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Dduron
Embryo

Re: Introduction, like a boss

Post by Dduron »

Roger on both. Thanks.
"I know it shouds all dickish but if you were training for the Olympics you wouldn't train to a certain time. you would train to do as good as you possibly can. You are now training for your Olympics."

- Ranger Baseplate

Return to “Introduction Archive”