Introduction - Nick

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nick_23
Embryo

Introduction - Nick

Post by Nick_23 »

Hello Rangers, I would like to start off by thanking all of you for the great information provided on the site.

My name is Nick, I am seventeen years old, and it is the summer before my senior year of highschool. I was born in Maryland, but moved to Texas in the fourth grade and have lived here since. I have wanted to join the military for as long as I can remember, and in the eighth grade I got serious about joining, and decided that I would set my sights on becoming a Ranger. Ever since then my desision has effected almost every decision in my life. From joining the cross country team, and lifting wieghts. To avoiding drugs and breaking the law.

My parents are both very supportive although my mom would rather send me to college. My dad thinks it's a great idea, but he also let's me know that he would pay for college in a hearbeat and not to join just to save the family money, but I remind him it is what I want to do, and he backs me one hundered percent.

Right now I am working as a lifeguard, and I am planning to talk to a recruiter this summer, because I know options 40 contracts can be hard to come by. So if it's necessary I can wait a year and I won't be a problem because I plan on graduating and I can just wait during the school year while I have my contract reserved. If the option 40 is availible the day I see the recruiter then I plan on basically doing the same thing in the DEP program so I can go to basic the summer after senior year.

Well at least that is what I have planned, but you never know what's going to happen. Until then I'm going to keep training my ass off.

-Nick
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Nick

Post by Jim »

Nick, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are a success -- I have not seen a better introduction for a long time. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. We take considerable pride in the success of all the fine young men who have made armyranger.com a part of their life journey. Please self- administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than Midnight, Sunday, 27 June 2010. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nick_23
Embryo

Post by Nick_23 »

Jim wrote:Nick, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. You are a success -- I have not seen a better introduction for a long time. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you are at the right site. We take considerable pride in the success of all the fine young men who have made armyranger.com a part of their life journey. Please self- administer a PT test and post your results on this thread not later than Midnight, Sunday, 27 June 2010. Never, never quit!
Thank you for the response Ranger Jim, I went out and got the PT test done at the gym today.

2-mile: 12:04
sit-ups : 73
Push-ups: 71

My run time will go down some during the cross country season, last year I ran around 11:30. No excuses for the sit-up scores. Just have to keep training.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in serving our country as an Army Ranger. When you start talking with a recruiter, keep us posted on how things go. In the meantime, read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Nick_23
Embryo

Post by Nick_23 »

Hello Rangers,

I went to the recruiter for the second time today. I went last monday also, and was told by three recruiters that there was absolutely no way that I could obtain an option 40, because they were no longer giving them to recent graduates or high school seniors. I even called a random recruiter in Texas, and was told the same thing. They said since so many seniors were dropping their contracts they weren't giving them out anymore

I even specifically asked the station commander and she told me that there were no more infantry option 40's and i would have to volunteer in basic. That conversation was followed by ten minutes of half the recruiting station why i shouldn't go Ranger.

I listened to what they had to say then I got up, shook my recruiters hand, and asked him to call me if he received and info about getting me an option 40. The very next day he called, and all of a sudden he said,"well Nick, I called the ROC and they said we can get you an option 40 with a senior letter that projects your graduation date." basically DO NOT BELIVE THEM when they tell you no option 40, even though they are very good liars.

so I went down again today with my father, and got all the paperwork. I'll turn it in on monday and if everything goes well I'll be at MEPS on thursday.

Thanks again for all of the information on the site. It really helps out a lot during the recruiting process.
Nick_23
Embryo

Post by Nick_23 »

Hello again Rangers,

Im nearing my ship date after a long ten months in the DEP. During my wait i've been promoted to E2, and i've been PT'ing like a madman. I feel like I am prepared for OSUT, and everyday i'm getting more excited to leave. Unfortunately I didn't obtain an option 40 contract so I have to set my sites on getting one during basic. Hopefully I will be able to get one, I know I will try my hardest. My PT, and GT scores are both more than high enough to get one so I know it will be a matter of working hard at OSUT, and standing out as a squared away recruit.

Once again I would like to thank all the Rangers on this site. The information and posts I've read on here will definitely give me an advantage at basic. I'll be sure to give yall an update when I get my Ranger contract!

Return to “Introduction Archive”