Finally got the fucker!!!!!

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Re: Finally got the fucker!!!!!

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

I hope that piece of shit had the slowest, most painful death possible.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The networks are all playing the speculation game, we got him by bomb, by gunshot,
Barry will be on to claim the credit any minute now.maybe tickled him to death.

Whatever, I am raising a Ranger regimental stein right now to whoever made the shot.
Rangers Lead the Way!

Some measure of justice at last for Fire Marshal Ron Bucca, FDNY KIA 9.11.01 RIP Brother.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Will37
Embryo

Post by Will37 »

K.Ingraham wrote:The networks are all playing the speculation game, we got him by bomb, by gunshot,
Barry will be on to claim the credit any minute now.maybe tickled him to death.

Whatever, I am raising a Ranger regimental stein right now to whoever made the shot.
Rangers Lead the Way!

Some measure of justice at last for Fire Marshal Ron Bucca, FDNY KIA 9.11.01 RIP Brother.
Ranger K.Ingraham.

For the past few hours all news reports I've heard have said that OBL was shot in the head by the SEALs who stormed the compound.

I have found some articles that may be of interest. I have posted them here so as to avoid multiple threads about the same topic.

There are some additional details of the raid here

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162- ... 03543.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I additionally found an article suggesting that, contrary to Mr. Obama's suggestion that this was a joint operation with Pakistan this was really carried out solely by the United States and Pakistan was notified at the last possible moment or soon after the fact. This has been hinted at a number of times across the various network news stations.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/internatio ... 985178.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There also seems to be a google map image of the compound that he was hiding in available

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/t/google- ... 72288.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2 ... tary-town/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems that information obtained from detains at Gitmo led to the intelligence that started all this. It will be interesting to see if and how this reframes the political debate surrounding the attempts to shut Gitmo down.
Additionally I just heard on the news that there is serious discussion of giving Bin Laden’s body Muslim rites of burial but actually disposing of his body at sea to avoid creating any sort of shrine for him. I did not find any article confirming this but it was just mentioned on Fox News.
Barry C Roper
Embryo

Post by Barry C Roper »

A few of my Ex 32 Battalion (South African Defence Force) buddies had this to say on Face book. I have edited the names as some are still in Afganistan.

#
Peter **** Wonder what they'll do about disposing of the body? I have a few ideas of my own but they may contravene one or two health bylaws.

#
Gary ******* ******Feed him to the pigs! That'll piss them off.

#
Barry Roper Well thought of Gary I fully endorse that idea

Though you might like the comments :D :lol:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

U.S. Kills bin Laden in Intelligence-driven Operation

WASHINGTON, May 2, 2011 – An intelligence-driven U.S. operation in Pakistan killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden yesterday, President Barack Obama announced in a nationally televised address from the White House late last night.

“Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan,” Obama said. “A small team of Americans carried out the operation with extraordinary courage and capability.

“No Americans were harmed,” he continued. “They took care to avoid civilian casualties. After a firefight, they killed Osama bin Laden and took custody of his body.”

Full story
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Great news, however, it remains to be seen who will take his place and what atrocity will be committed in order for that man to gain OBL’s “faithful followers” support.

Although this is a good thing, cutting the serpent’s head off, but will the serpent grow another head and if so how long will that take?

We still need to watch and gather intel at the very least.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Thanks for the links Will. I posted last night when the news was just breaking - this will be a developing story for days.
I'm sure the first barroom poser will be claiming credit for The Shot any minute now, if he hasn't already.

A lot of interesting sidebar stories on right now, but damn, I got homeowrk to do...

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Just received this.
WORLDWIDE TRAVEL ALERT - May 2, 2011

The U.S. Department of State alerts U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad to the enhanced potential for anti-American violence following recent counter-terrorism activity in Pakistan. Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations. U.S. citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times. This Travel Alert expires August 1, 2011.

U.S. Embassy operations in affected areas will continue to the extent possible under the constraints of any evolving security situation. U.S. government facilities worldwide remain at a heightened state of alert. These facilities may temporarily close or periodically suspend public services to assess their security posture. In those instances, U.S. Embassies and Consulates will make every effort to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens abroad are urged to monitor the local news and maintain contact with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Media coverage of local events may cause family and friends to become concerned for their loved ones traveling and residing abroad. We urge U.S. citizens to keep in regular contact with family and friends. U.S. citizens living or traveling abroad are encouraged to enroll in the Department of State's Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), to receive the latest travel updates and information and to obtain updated information on travel and security issues. U.S. citizens without Internet access may register directly with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate to contact them in case of emergency.

Travel information is also available at http://www.travel.state.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Up-to-date information on security can also be obtained by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For information on "What the Department of State Can and Can't Do in a Crisis," please visit the Bureau of Consular Affairs' website at http://www.travel.state.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

For further information on specific countries, U.S. citizens should consult the Country Specific Information pages, Travel Alerts, and Travel Warnings at http://www.travel.state.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as well as the Worldwide Caution. Follow us on Twitter and the Bureau of Consular Affairs' page on Facebook as well.

American Embassy, Athens, Greece

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
---------
George S. Patton
CloakAndDagger
US Army Veteran

Post by CloakAndDagger »

Chiron wrote:Although this is a good thing, cutting the serpent’s head off, but will the serpent grow another head and if so how long will that take?
I'm hopeful about the situation in this case, as we've been hacking away at the midsection of the snake for some time now. With UBL dead, we can now divert those intelligence resources that have been looking for him to join the hunt for al-Zawahiri and his friends.

I personnally view this as my generation's "Victory-in-Europe" day... we've scored a huge win, but the work isn't finished, yet.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

TC204 wrote:I can't believe all the Charlie Sheens out there that don't believe this happened.
It's incredible, but with all the folks who believe 9.11 & OK City were a Fed plots, that climate change is a Gore plot, the birthers, that the UN has troops in the Mohave etc etc - why is this a surprise?

RS 9-76

Return to “The News Dump”