Met my first Ranger today

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Met my first Ranger today

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Went by the recruiting station today to check in with my recruiter and there was a new face there....he is a Captain who was checking in on the station and I immediately noticed the Ranger tab on his class A uniform. I wish I would have had time to visit with him for a while but I had to go pick-up my nephew from daycare and while I was getting taped he was on the phone. I'm gonna go back next Monday and hopefully I can sit down and have a talk with him let him know that I am wanting to get an option 40.
I'm still taping out high...I lost size in my waist measurement but also lost size in my neck so I am gonna just keep doing sit-ups this week and cut back on the cardio a little to see if I can get my waist down and keep some neck size. I'm actually getting to where I enjoy running. Never thought I would have said that in a million years.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

If you enjoy running then you aren't running fast or far enough.

Ranger2
Daniel_Boone
Paratrooper

Post by Daniel_Boone »

Not to burst your bubble about meeting a Ranger N.G., but you should realize that many combat arms officers go through Ranger School, but that doesn't mean that they know jack squat about being a Ranger. Look for a Ranger Scroll on their uniform and that will be your clue whether they would know shit about Ranger life.
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/87-10/89
A Co. 1/82nd Avn Reg. 10/89-4/90
C Co. 3/505 PIR 4/90-6/92

"What are you, some kind of deviated prevert?"
Col "Bat" Guano
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

Roger that Ranger2.....I will pick up the pace, I'm finally over my shinsplints though so I'm not hurting as soon as I start which is why I'm enjoying it. I will try and meet with him next week to find out if he was ever in Ranger battalion.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Ranger2 wrote:If you enjoy running then you aren't running fast or far enough.

Ranger2
LMAO, wait until he goes on his first "REAL ROAD MARCH" with a ruck so damn heavy he wonders to himself if he'll make 5 miles let alone 15. LOL Ohhhhh the memories.... I know ONE DAMN THING THOUGH!

The last thing you should be thinkin about is your FRIGGIN NECK SIZE!!!

Gauge it ain't the size of your neck that matters, you might want to check the size of your balls though!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Pain! In my back! I know its there! I like it there!

Pain! In my shoulders! I know its there! I like it there!

Pain! In my knees! I know its there! I like it there!

Pain! In my feet! I know its there! I like it there!

Thats the song that plays in your head in your first real road march :twisted:
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

BeadleBug wrote:
LMAO, wait until he goes on his first "REAL ROAD MARCH" with a ruck so damn heavy he wonders to himself if he'll make 5 miles let alone 15.

5 miles?

I started wondering at around 200 yards. No shit.

I still remember the first intersection we came to. I thought, my fuckin legs hurt so bad right now.........
RSD 96-99
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

V-Rod wrote:
BeadleBug wrote:
LMAO, wait until he goes on his first "REAL ROAD MARCH" with a ruck so damn heavy he wonders to himself if he'll make 5 miles let alone 15.

5 miles?

I started wondering at around 200 yards. No shit.

I still remember the first intersection we came to. I thought, my fuckin legs hurt so bad right now.........
Thats funny cause I was gonna say the first mile but I didn't want to scare him too much. I remember sayin to myself (God-Damn this fuckin ruck is heavy as shit, these mutherfuckers must be crazy.......and they're some mean old bastards too, lol) :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Bell

Post by Bell »

I never got shinsplints running. Got em on the roadmarches though. Hated those bastards. I started hurting about 1 mile then for the next 9 or 20 or 30 my feet hit the ground, SPLAT!!

It didn't happen all the time, but most of the time. The roadmarch is the pain.

RLTW
Bell
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

Maybe its just me, but when we went on a road march being in the back sucked. It looked like our Colonel was just taking a nice stroll with his gear on, while I was all the way in the back humping the gun. We were a combat SUPPORT group, and he thought we were his personal infantry. Not that I am complaining about not being able to hack it, it was better than sitting around doing nothing all day. He would tell us things like, "What are we gonna do if all the trucks break down?" and of course everyone would be thinking, shit we got a whole company of mechanics, what the fuck are they doing if all the trucks break down? So the whole point of this is, maybe its mental, maybe its true, but being in the front is better than the back.

Return to “Recruitment Process”