65+ Jobs cut until october?

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
Tiffen
Embryo

Post by Tiffen »

Rangers,

I'm supposed to go to MEPs tomorrow to add option 40 to my 11x and today my recruiter calls me up and says he got an email saying the Army is cutting slots for 65+ jobs including infantry, "so [he] can't guarentee [I'll] get Airborne Ranger as 11x." Is this for real?
Never despair; but if you do, drive on in despair.
-Edmund Burke
goon175
Ranger

Re: 65+ Jobs cut until october?

Post by goon175 »

Unfortunately, I recieved this e-mail on 01MAR2011:
ALCON,
Good morning just a quick update for you knowledge. As of now the following MOSs are closed until further notice:

11X, 13D, 13F, 13P, 15H, 15U, 19K, 25B, 31B, 68H, 68J, 68T.

Female seats continue to be limited with the following moss being closed 68W and 92F.

Continue to run your search dates from 2 May until 19 Sep 11.

As the year come to an end more MOSs will begin to close. I will continue to keep all informed as much as possible.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

This is what happens when the Army actually starts filling up. I'm sure you have been briefed what to do if the job you want is not there.

DO IT and do NOT let anyone punk you into taking something you don't want.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Tiffen
Embryo

Post by Tiffen »

Thank you Rangers goon175 and hit_it.

Also, I caught my recruiter in a lie today so that's more good news

Seeing as I already have 11x, should I go forward with the Reno? I heard my 11x could get blown out if I try to change anything.
-Edmund Burke
Tiffen
Embryo

Post by Tiffen »

Edit*

I won't accept anything other then 11x Opt 40 so that was a dumb question. If I can't get it, can I drop my contract and just wait until whenever the MOSs come back up?
-Edmund Burke
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Tiffen wrote:Thank you Rangers goon175 and hit_it.

Also, I caught my recruiter in a lie today so that's more good news

Seeing as I already have 11x, should I go forward with the Reno? I heard my 11x could get blown out if I try to change anything.
You will address MSG hit_it properly -
Each push up (do 50 now) you will count including MSG hit_it's name, although he is not a Ranger, he is a highly respected member of this site.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

I would like to add to my previous post in this thread. I have recently seen more infanty slots come and go, and one can probably assume the same with the other MOS's I listed from the e-mail I recieved. But the underlying message is still the same: Everyone wants in the army right now + The army is shrinking by 27,000 + DA is running out of jobs to fill for the present time periods = not a whole lot of wiggle room with picking MOS's and options right now. If you have a good recruiter who isn't lazy and both you and him are persistent and patient, eventually you will probably be able to get what you want.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”