Intro from Jersey

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

mxmike27
Egg

Intro from Jersey

Post by mxmike27 »

Hi, my name's Mike. Currently I'm in the NG to go through college (Electrical Engineering) as a 91D Generator Mechanic.
After college I'm going active to be in the ranger regiment and, if fate permits, special forces.
I've been lurkin on the site for a while, wanted to register.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Intro from Jersey

Post by Slowpoke »

Dear Soup Sandwich, welcome to the site. How many killer Generator Mechanics do you suppose the Ranger Regiment wants?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
mxmike27
Egg

Post by mxmike27 »

I intend to join the regiment after college, where I'll be re-classing to infantry or medic. How many of those are needed?
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

mxmike27 wrote:I intend to join the regiment after college, where I'll be re-classing to infantry or medic. How many of those are needed?

With that kind of attitude.......ZERO!

Good luck with your future endeavors.................
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Look young hero, if you had read a little more through the forums here you would have found out that the path you've chosen is nearly impossible to complete. The first thing you need to read is the forum rules. The only thing your attitude is going to get you is the loss of a valuable resorce.

I'm a grumpy old asshole who's been around the block several times so I'm allowed an attitude!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

mxmike27 wrote:Rangers, I intend to join the regiment after college, where I'll be re-classing to infantry or medic. How many of those are needed?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
mxmike27
Egg

Post by mxmike27 »

Slowpoke wrote:Look young hero, if you had read a little more through the forums here you would have found out that the path you've chosen is nearly impossible to complete. The first thing you need to read is the forum rules. The only thing your attitude is going to get you is the loss of a valuable resorce.

I'm a grumpy old asshole who's been around the block several times so I'm allowed an attitude!
Ranger, I've been reading through many threads and pages on this forum and am not sure what you mean. I intend to be discharged from reserve status to active duty when I graduate and change my MOS to one that will allow me to go through RASP. (Infatry, Medic, etc)
I've discussed this with a few of my NCO's and they all said it was possible.
I'm not claiming to have read everything on this site, but from what I've read so far this is what I know. I'll continue to read until I find the answer or someone corrects me.

Return to “Introduction Archive”