Reasons to Not Like Obama

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Re: Reasons to Not Like Obama

Post by rgrokelley »

boscounderfoot wrote:
Jim wrote:On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.
And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution?
Among the other things posted...
"... the Constitution allows for many things, but what it does not allow is the most revealing. The so-called Founders did not allow for economic freedom. While political freedom is supposedly a cornerstone of the document, the distribution of wealth is not even mentioned. While many believed that the new Constitution gave them liberty, it instead fitted them with the shackles of hypocrisy."
- Barack Obama
And how is it that he has no honor?
The Honor Code, from just about every military institution states "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do".

Look at his cabinet. Look at the friends that put him in power. Look at his closest advisors. Can anyone say he hasn't violated the basic tenents of the Honor Code?

He is a Chicago thug, bringing Chicago style politics to a national level
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

And where in this does he say that he is going to scrap the constitution? Or for that matter that he even states it should be replaced, rewritten, amended or anything else?
He already has. He has made Congress irrelevant. Congress is THE lawmaking body of the land, but the current president has decided to use Presidental mandates, if Congress doesn't pass his rules. He appoints advisors that are only accountable to him, and are outside any overwatch. They cannot be curtailed by any actions from the Congress. If the Constitution stops him from doing his agenda, he ignores it and continues on anyway.
RS - DHG 5-85
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Wait....we need a reason to not like him?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Donald Trump was talking on Fox this morning about Obama, our economy, world status, etc. .........Donald Trump in 2012 ?
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Donald Trump was talking on Fox this morning about Obama, our economy, world status, etc. .........Donald Trump in 2012 ?
I didn't watch it, but I can imagine what he said. No matter what a media-whore Trump is, first off he is a businessman. Obama is anti-business, and believes that wealth should be used for global redistribution.
RS - DHG 5-85
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jim wrote:On the other hand, I should point out that he is the Commander in Chief. We have taken an oath to serve the Constitution of the United States and the Officers appointed over us. Presidents come and go -- none longer than eight years. Mr. Obama is the 9th CinC I've served. We, the Army continue to serve.
I seem to remember another passage of the same oath "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies Foriegn and DOMESTIC." It is not his job to subvert Congress who propose amendments to the Constitution and weight the Supreme Court (through his nominations and political clout with Congress) who are the final authority whether a decision or Law is in accordance with the Constitution. IMHO he and Palosi have skated very close to the "Enemy" of which the Oath speaks.

My father says you judge a man by the company he keeps. By that measure alone he's a scumbag.

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I personally was amazed that anyone could have been gullible (READ "STUPID") enough to vote for the guy in the first place. He had the worst record of attendance of any sitting senator, either didn't show up or abstained from voting to keep from establishing any record. Guy has never had a real job, even lied thru his teeth about having been a professor at Harvard Law (damn lie, he was a adjunct, HUGE difference). All he has done since election is give speeches on a worldwide tour defaming our great nation and accumulated more debt than every previous POTUS combined. This guy couldn't lead a cubscout pack to the mall for icecream without a teleprompter and 120 person personal staff.

Reasons "not to like him?" Really? WTF? :roll: :evil:
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

rgrokelley wrote: I didn't watch it, but I can imagine what he said.
Here is Donald on Fox News back in September. Pay attention to his comments on trade with China. :D

Trump on Fox News
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Hmm, seems like I stirred up a hornet's nest here......Well, please tell me you don't honestly believe the honor argument you posed. [b]"The Honor Code, from just about every military institution states "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do"."[/b]
If you truly do believe that, then you have labeled every person on this earth including yourself as being without honor. If you can sit there and tell me you have never lied, ever......well then you possess honor according to your definition. But I am 100% positive that no one on this site would even attempt to say otherwise.

There is quite a bit more to being honorable than a simple definition penned by some government lacky!
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

rgrokelley wrote:
I'm retired, and still a US citizen, so I can tell him he's full of poop
I dunno, "poop" is pretty strong language.... :oops:
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

MsMarla wrote:
boscounderfoot wrote: And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution?
Ranger boscounderfoot, no disrespect intended, but this "rumor" came straight from Obama himself:

"...blah blah blah..... the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change[/b]
[/b]
'Redistributive Change' is probably the concept Obama embodies which makes most if not all Rangers want to throw up in their mouths. I work REALLY hard for my money and don't want it 'redistributed' to someone else.
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

GoldCoast wrote:
MsMarla wrote:
boscounderfoot wrote: And where in the hell did this information come from that Obama wants to scrap the constitution?
Ranger boscounderfoot, no disrespect intended, but this "rumor" came straight from Obama himself:

"...blah blah blah..... the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change[/b]
[/b]
'Redistributive Change' is probably the concept Obama embodies which makes most if not all Rangers want to throw up in their mouths. I work REALLY hard for my money and don't want it 'redistributed' to someone else.
ROGER ....... THAT!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

boscounderfoot wrote:Hmm, seems like I stirred up a hornet's nest here......Well, please tell me you don't honestly believe the honor argument you posed. "The Honor Code, from just about every military institution states "I will not lie, cheat, or steal, nor tolerate those who do"."
If you truly do believe that, then you have labeled every person on this earth including yourself as being without honor. If you can sit there and tell me you have never lied, ever......well then you possess honor according to your definition. But I am 100% positive that no one on this site would even attempt to say otherwise.

There is quite a bit more to being honorable than a simple definition penned by some government lacky!
Actually the honor code was penned by men such as G. Washington and R.E. Lee. It has been in existence longer than any government lackey. I also believe in this code totally. True, most of us have told our wives they are not fat, or told war stories where we were braver, faster and stronger. However this is not the same as repeatedly lieing, cheating (which I honestly can say I have never done) on a pathological scale, national, scale. We do not lie to the detriment of the country.

A simple "white lie" is not the same as the attempted overthrow of a country by ideological thugs.

On a a sidenote edit...

I cannot think of any time in my life where a single president has made average people stock up on food, ammo and gold. True, there were fringe groups who did it when Clinton was president, but I still had faith in the American public. I still had faith the Constitution would stop them.

That faith is gone, not just by me, but by a large part of the population.
RS - DHG 5-85
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

Honor is not an entitlement of any position. It is proven through action or deeds and earned. Somebody will have to remind me how this POTUS has earned the right to be called honorable?

A man who defends his country by volunteering and putting himself in harms way to defend our principles has earned the right to be called honorable.

A man who serves his country by protecting and defending the Constitution , without obfuscating or diminishing its' fundamental premise has earned the right to be called honorable.

A man who as President furthers rudimentary Constitutional values as written, not as imagined or wished or adulterated via judicial acolytes; through sagacious, decisive action and principled, democratic action as defined by a majority of our populace- has earned the right to be called honorable.

Again, what has this man done to earn being called "honorable"?
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver

Return to “The Mosh Pit”