So what is Seattle like?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: So what is Seattle like?

Post by KW Driver »

the Sounder from Puyallup to Seattle is 1 hour.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

CloakAndDagger wrote:If you stay away from the Capitol Hill neighborhood in Seattle, you'll avoid most of the hairy pits. :lol:

Real estate prices (and rent) in Seattle suck big donkey balls (and even more so for Bellevue/Redmond), but aren't too bad if you get further away from the city... but that will inflict the driving problem. Commuting from most places outside Seattle into the city sucks bad, traffic is absolutely terrible and what little parking is in downtown Seattle is outrageously priced.

But... if your wife plays a smaller instrument, using the commuter "Sounder" train from Puyallup isn't too bad from what I hear.

Another option would be to commute via ferry from Bremerton or Bainbridge (Kitsap County for both). For a myriad of reasons, the best approach would be to drop her off and pick her up at the ferry and let her walk-on. Bainbridge Island itself is too expensive to live on, and you -really- don't want to live in downtown Bremerton, but the outlying towns like Port Orchard, Silverdale, and Poulsbo are all fine. The vast majority of employment on the Bremerton side of the water is federal, but this year is probably going to be very low on hiring. If you have kids, and are considering Kitsap County, you -don't- want to live in Bremerton School District; look to Central Kitsap SD or North Kitsap SD (and even South Kitsap SD is better than Bremerton).
A question out of curiosity. Is "suck big donkey balls" northwestern real estate terminology? :roll:
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

for Seattle real estate, eval what you think the value should be, then add $100-200K. not as bad as CA, but all the CA ex-pats drove up the prices here about 10 years ago.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

there are several jazz clubs in SEA and TAC. there should be a good scene.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

KW Driver wrote:there are several jazz clubs in SEA and TAC. there should be a good scene.
Just remember he said "jazz" clubs, not "jizz" clubs, I know how you 3rd Batt guys are. :wink:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Lunch wrote:EP- If we should happen that way, I'll be specifically looking for a job in the Forest Service
TC204- ELF bombed (unsucessfully) my department at school about a week after 9/11...I've got a score to settle with them.
I used to work pretty closely with the USPark Rangers in the Quinault area....but old age is causing a memory burp at the moment. If I recall their names, I'll PM them to you. One guy was a mantracking instructor and was pretty damned good at it. Also worked in conjunction with BLM and BIA.

If you're gonna work in the woods, there truly isn't a better place to be. There's a lot to keep you busy, assuming you're on the LE end: cedar theft, old growth trespassing, forest product theft (mushrooms, beargrass, ferns, etc), poaching, dope grows,...you name it.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Lunch wrote:
EarthPig wrote:...There's a lot to keep you busy, assuming you're on the LE end: cedar theft, old growth trespassing, forest product theft (mushrooms, beargrass, ferns, etc), poaching, dope grows,...you name it.

RLTW
EP
Not an LEO, though I do have Barney Fife level of authority below arrest. I do "advise and assist" as I am able, however. Currently a planner and part of the firefighter "militia".
The firefighter force up there is predominantly Native American. They're good, and they frequently get requested to travel to other states. My closest friend in the tribe was one of the fire fighter supervisors, but his sister (who looked just like Cher back in the day) was a smoke jumper! She was something.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

not just dope, but the stolen car parked in the woods meth labs. found one on South Rainier in '06.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”