Petraeus Warns About Koran Burning

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Re: Petraeus Warns About Koran Burning

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

Its not the extremists we should worry about, we know where they stand. Our COIN operations and PR campaign target the fence sitters. They are the ones this will enrage and encourage them to join the jihad. From a strategic through tactical POV this definitely impacts what GEN Petraeus is trying to do in Afghanistan, it strengthens our enemies cause and makes it easier for them to recruit the ones who dont really see us as evil. So I think he does have a say in what some little church in FL is doing especially since this ignorant church is putting American lives at a greater risk now.
Their freedom of speech or demonstration ends when it impacts the lives of others. Why do people have to make a big scene out of everything? If I burned a Koran tonight, who would know? I would and it wouldnt make a difference. If you want to burn a thousand korans go ahead, just dont be stupid and empower our enemies by advertising it.
Our enemies are also emboldened by the show of FEAR of "retaliation" displayed by Gen. Petraeus, our elected leadership, and the media. This, too, has long term consequences, not only in the Afghan and Iraq theaters. This display of weakness and cowardice will not go unnoticed around the world.

The emphasis should not be placed on the burning of a Quran, but why Muslims, unlike every other major religion in the world, are not tolerant enough to accept the view of others without resorting to violence.

Edit: forgot this...

FUCK those motherfuckers!
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Muslims believe their religon is the final and correct interpretation of God's word on earth. They further believe they are God's chosen people, chosen to be enlightened by his words and desire. Therefore, with this outlook, it's easy to understand why they feel they should have no tolerance for other religions when other religions are in fact, according to God himself, inferior to Islam.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

dbmtrman wrote:Im so fucking sick of all the islamic extremist threats, how they are going to do something bad to us, or our soldiers if we don't stop doing something or other. They try and kill our people everyday already. If they could carry out there threats they would do it already. Fuck them. Something about Gen. Patraeus commenting on what a group of American citizens should or shouldn't do, which is their right, just doesn't sit right with me. How about giving your troops the planning and resources to destroy the enemy over there, and not worry about some small church in Florida.

Well fucking put.

Maybe if the news aired uncensored video of haji cutting off peoples heads it would inspire non-muslims to go kill them. Just a thought
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Hearts and minds. Alexander the Great won that place by having the hearts and minds of the people on his side. They actually worshiped him and his method of leading.

It’s not easy today but for what it’s worth what this guy in Florida is going to do will destroy years of work. The enemy is praying he burns the Quran.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I guess I just don't understand Muslims and their boy loving ways. If burning a few Korans is going to damage our efforts that much then we may as well go and throw some Muslims in the fire as well. I don't see how it can make things any worse than what they already say.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
RangerLee
Ranger

Post by RangerLee »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
I mostly agree with "FUCK those motherfuckers!"

YEAH! lol
It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence.
-Mahatma Gandhi

A. Co Fist "Rat Bastards" 2/75 - Oct 2002 - Jan 2005
2nd Platoon "BlackSheep" FO Type 1 each.
OIF 2003
OEF 2003, 2004
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Chiron wrote: The enemy is praying he burns the Quran.
and while they are bent forward at the waist....................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Flesh Thorn wrote:I guess I just don't understand Muslims and their boy loving ways. If burning a few Korans is going to damage our efforts that much then we may as well go and throw some Muslims in the fire as well. I don't see how it can make things any worse than what they already say.
Ditto!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Looks like he pussed out

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_ ... an_burning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Jones, the pastor of a Florida Pentecostal church of 50 members, has said that he believes the Quran is evil because it espouses something other than biblical truth and incites radical, violent behavior among Muslims.
Jones has a good point !
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

I read the Quran when I was trying to figure out how to act like a Muslim prior to going over to the first Gulf War.

The Quran is the ultimate bi-polar book. The first part is all "hey, we are all just like the Jews and Christians, and we are all from the same ancestors. Peace and love on everyone."

Meanwhile the second part is "kill all the Jews, even the rocks and trees hate those bastards! Go ahead and have sex with underage girls.... its cool and God doesn't mind! Kill a Christian while you're at it and if you die trying, you get to go on the heaven express!"

No wonder these people are as fucked up as polio.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

rgrokelley wrote: The Quran is the ultimate bi-polar book.
.....and the second part supersedes the first part ?
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Flesh Thorn wrote:I guess I just don't understand Muslims and their boy loving ways. If burning a few Korans is going to damage our efforts that much then we may as well go and throw some Muslims in the fire as well. I don't see how it can make things any worse than what they already say.
I'm with you on that, just the idea that an American was threatening to burn the Qaran is enough fuel for those idiots. The media gives this knucklehead some time and a major shitstorm erupts. Had it not been for that, I'm wondering if this whizkid would've gone through with the burning in the first place. Isn't there some kind of permitting that he has to have in place to have the fire? What does the Fire Marshall have to say about this stunt? And what about the bank that is foreclosing on the property? Pretty sure they might have some concerns as well.

Return to “The News Dump”