Introduction (again)- Chris

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Chris
Embryo

Introduction (again)- Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello (again)

My name is Chris and I'm from Houston, Texas. I just moved back home after a couple years at LSU. I originally posted here back in February, and for some family reasons I never got a chance to follow through with MEPS. I just met with a new recruiter, and we are going to MEPS next Tuesday. I told him what mos I wanted, 13F, but did not tell him I want option 40. Should I save the option 40 for the counselor or tell my recruiter now? I have 60 college credits, and although I haven't taken the official asvab, my practice tests have been on the 90s. Not sure if that would increase my chances for option 40, but I won't take no for an answer. Thanks for the input
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction (again)- Chris

Post by Ranger Bill »

Tell your recruiter, "Option 40 or nothing." And if you qualify, tell him to call you when there is an opening.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Welcome, my advice would be to tell the recruiter.... he might pull a rabbit out of his hat for you. (No joke there...just saying you might get what you want if you go ahead and start telling them now.)
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

Thanks for the input Ranger Bill and IEDmagnet.

Are there any 13Foxtrots on here? I'd like to hear some first hand information. Or even any infantrymen that have served with 13Fs would be appreciated
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

You are scheduled for MEPS on tuesday... correct me if I'm wrong, but you are most likely just taking the ASVAB, and will do the phys/dep in at a later time. Your recruiter cannot pull a job reservation for you until you take the ASVAB. I would just let him know now that you are looking for an opt. 40 to be attached. After you find out what your ASVAB scores are (you can say you want such and such job all day long, until you take and pass the asvab your recruiter isnt really gonna care) just tell him to give you a call when he gets you 13F with an opt. 40 attached. If he is a good dude, he'll say roger that, if hes not said "good dude", tell him your not making an appt. to take the physical and swear in until you have a reservation sheet in your hand that says 13F opt. 40. Don't be suprised if you have to wait a while for your contract you want to open up. I'm sure they will do what they can to get you what you want if your qualified and tell them you'll accept nothing less.
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Chris wrote:Are there any 13Foxtrots on here? I'd like to hear some first hand information. Or even any infantrymen that have served with 13Fs would be appreciated
You may not hear from any in a timely manner, they are still recovering from the break up of the Village People.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

Ranger Silverback...I'm assuming that is some sort of joke...I'm sure there is someone old enough on here that will get it, because I don't :-P

My recruiter asked me what I was running from today. Just because I'm a moderately intelligent college student wanting a combat mos means I'm running from something? I really don't like the guy, and as soon as he bullshits with me about option 40 its on to the next one
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Chris wrote:Ranger Silverback...I'm assuming that is some sort of joke...I'm sure there is someone old enough on here that will get it, because I don't :-P
Do pushups for being young. :lol:
Chris wrote:My recruiter asked me what I was running from today.
Simple answer. You are "running" from the pussification of America.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in serving our great nation.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

Update Rangers

Went to meps today to knock out asvab. My afqt was 93, was 129. My recruiter was pleased and told me id have no problem getting my 13F Option 40. We finished pretty late so he didn't get to check the availability but like I said he seemed confident.

I'm waiting on my transcripts before I do my physical. My recruiter told me id join as an E3 with the amount of college credits. Thanks for all the help!
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

My recruiter found a 13F Opt 40. Basic, Airborne, AIT, followed by RASP. Ship date of 20110207. Just need to sign the dotted line :-P
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Silverback wrote:
Chris wrote:Are there any 13Foxtrots on here? I'd like to hear some first hand information. Or even any infantrymen that have served with 13Fs would be appreciated
You may not hear from any in a timely manner, they are still recovering from the break up of the Village People.

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.

Return to “Introduction Archive”