Motivational music

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bell

Post by Bell »

You might have something there LN. Rap music does motivate me now that I think about it. Makes me wanna run the sumbitch down and go postal on his speakers. Gooood PT.

RLTW
Bell
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

See, it's not Metallica or Toby Keith that makes most service members ready to kill, it's loud RAP music. What we need are training videos that we can show before every combat op that shows these Iraqis with a loud RAP playing boom box on their camels, or with a shitty old 1983 Toyota Corrolla with a $3000 stereo with kicker boom bass speakers in the back. Convince him that if we don't stop the problem over there by taking to these shitbag terrorists, that pretty soon these bastards will be all over America and we'll have to listen to them terrorize us at every stoplight.
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Its funny to see the character change of all the bad assed rappers once they make some hit songs and get some wealth. All of a sudden they no longer identify with the "Hood" and start acting more like normal people....Ice "T" comes to mind. It took all those years to learn what a Father around the house could have taught him and many otheres to start with. My fantasy about the rap mobiles would be to introduce a Willie Pete into the open window at the next stop light along with a salutory "RAP THIS".
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Rgr_Mindriot wrote:My fantasy about the rap mobiles would be to introduce a Willie Pete into the open window at the next stop light along with a salutory "RAP THIS".
Ditto!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Anyone here ever spent a significant amount of time on the COSCOM side of Ft. Bragg? It's truly a spectacle to see. I refer to it as the All-Army Rap-Off and Air Bandit Show. Makes me shudder just to think about it.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Which reminds me of a funny story. It has to do with the rapper lifestyle and how it get's stomped out in Battalion like a weed. I was just about to leave Aco for HHC when we got a batch of cherries, stems and all. This one kid limps in and I'm pretty damn sure he wasn't injured. How he made it thru RIP walking like this, I don't know. Anyways, a tabbed Spec-4 see's this kid and ask's him "are you limpin' or are pimpin"?" and you could tell this Spec-4 was less than impressed with the lump of shit before him. The kid looks at hin and says, I swear to God says "I'm just chillin'". Silence. dead silence. For about two seconds. In this time I'm thinking, "did I just hear that?". All of sudden the Spec-4 flips the fuck out, you know the "what, motherfucker? ski instructor? I'm I your fucking canasta partner?" and the list goes on and on and on. While this kid has his feet elevated off the CQ desk and the Spec-4 is in his face, with veins popping out of his head, you could tell it finally donned on this kid that his shit was weak. Well, I went over to HHC, drew a room, moved all my crap in, etc. This took about two hours. I came back to get some last minute things and I notice this kid is on one of the hallways, duck walking, shouting, "Iwill not limp....I will not pimp...I will not limp...I will not pimp" and on and on. The next time I saw, he was walking like he was guarding the Tomb of the Unknowns. Parade ground precision. Sometimes it's amazing how good an on the spot correction can make you feel.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

fired up airborne

Post by PaleHorseRider »

this past sept 11th (the day i Turned Blue) we were woken up early and (along with several other battalions) marched to kannell field where they had set up a couple of big screens and while we were waiting for the show to start they were playing songs like toby keiths song, and a song called "have you forgotten" and lee greenwood and all that good shit, then they played this video montage of still photographs from sept 11th to enya's "only time" song. all the photos of the destruction, people crying, sippets of president bush's speechs to the nation on that day....that got me DAMN FIRED UP!!! i tell you i was ready to fuckin KILL!!
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

uh huh....
DGhost
Embryo

Re: fired up airborne

Post by DGhost »

PaleHorseRider wrote:this past sept 11th (the day i Turned Blue) we were woken up early and (along with several other battalions) marched to kannell field where they had set up a couple of big screens and while we were waiting for the show to start they were playing songs like toby keiths song, and a song called "have you forgotten" and lee greenwood and all that good shit, then they played this video montage of still photographs from sept 11th to enya's "only time" song. all the photos of the destruction, people crying, sippets of president bush's speechs to the nation on that day....that got me DAMN FIRED UP!!! i tell you i was ready to fuckin KILL!!
Fuckin A i was there for that too. Goddamn, leave it to some high up motherfuckers to come up with a good way to get you motivated kill. Between being cranky as shit from sitting out there in PT shorts in the fridged cold for 2 hours, listening to that one snippet of Enya over and over and over again for what seemed like an eternity and having the joy of some punk ass newb from another company taking a piss in the middle of the parade grounds (we were only a few feet away and downhill from the fuckstick), I was ready to go GFT my way through the middle east to find Saddam and Bin Ladin.

AAAAAnnnnnnnyyyways.... PM me what Co/Bn you were in... maybe i know who you are....
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Ahh....Nothing like Enya to make ME want to kill....myself.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

It's Gaelic. Makes my Irish ancestors roll over in their graves, I'm sure. :wink:
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Ranger Saltbitch wrote
Ahh....Nothing like Enya to make ME want to kill....myself
Maybe Master-P and Enya could do a duet. Would that be motivating or what?

and then he wrote
It's Gaelic. Makes my Irish ancestors roll over in their graves, I'm sure.
No wonder Irishmen have such a high alcohol tolerance
2/75 97-00

75th RRA

Return to “The Mosh Pit”