Introduction C-MAC

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Introduction C-MAC

Post by C-MAC »

Hello All,

First, my apologies as I broke the cardinal rule of not introducing myself before posting. That is sort of like entering someones house without knocking- not very polite.

I am a veteran of the USAF, which also makes me the family black sheep. My MOS was nothing sexy or exciting and my one enlistment is a source of constant regret, irrespective of how great the outside world has been to me. But enough of that, it is starting to sound like group therapy.

On the other hand, my family includes members of the 7th ID, 3rd ID, 67th, 35th ID, Seabees, Marines, etc.. I have family buried in St Avold, Luxemborg City and Arlington. Now you know why I previously admitted I hadn't done enough.

Notice I have not mentioned an Army Rangers- yet. That will all change within the next year as a friend of mine attempts to join the hallowed ranks. Hence, one of my reasons for being here. The others are to share my support and learn from the best. Knowledge is second only to water in prolonging life.

I am an avid supporter of the military and will give my time, advice and money as possible. Nobody, and I mean nobody deserves it more.

So there you have it- therapy, philosophy, humility and honor. All in a few brief paragraphs.

If I have not complied fully with the site SOP, please advice.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction C-MAC

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, thank you for your service and patriotism.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your service to our great country! Sure sounds like your family has paid their dues.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Bullshit, don't ever downplay your contribution to this nation. Regardless of what your job was in the Air Force, you possessed the stones to give something back to your country in return for the freedoms we all enjoy. Most people aren't capable of that level of sacrifice. Besides, without you AF folks, we Rangers would be looking for a ride every time we had to go do our jobs.

........Welcome.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

I did 16 yrs in the Army before I got smart and joined the USAF! Best gear, food, and admin support that I've ever had! The personnelist cooter aint too shabby neither ;)

Who rules the sky? WE DO!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

Welcome brother, thanks for your service and love of Country. Ranger boscounderfoot is absolutely right, a large portion of this nation's citizens wouldn't volunteer for a free ride to a buffet in support of our beloved USA...much less volunteer their time, sweat, an quite possibly life.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Welcome here, Air Force.

Back in my day, you guys ALWAYS had the best damn chow halls around.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, FlyBoi, thanks for posting an introduction. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

You will find amoung the boys a very high and keen appreciation for anyone who served and did their jobs with honor. No need to apologize or even be humble. Yep, drive on and welcome here.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Posting without an intro Huh?........... No wonder we threw you flyboys outta the Army! :twisted: Just joking. You are welcome here and your service to this great nation is greatly appreciated!
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

So being old USAF, you won't mind if I take care of this CBU-24 style- one message to many.

Thanks for the warm welcome exercised with a restrained dose of abusive humor. Classy and direct- I would not expect any less from a group that always "leads the way".

For that, I would now ask is there a single Ranger cause or charity that all agree on? I want to add something to the till.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome and thank you.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

USAF - the only ones to have ice cream in their mess halls in VN.

Thank you for your service. Zoomies saved our butts.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"

Return to “Introduction Archive”