Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

DocSwift
US Army

Introduction

Post by DocSwift »

Hello everybody I am a Sergeant 68W in 2BCT 10th MTN Div. My Previous Duty assignment was at 2 CAB 1st AD. Where I Tested and Evaluated equipment for the Army's Future Combat Systems Program. I am currently deployed In Iraq. I currently have orders For Airborne, RASP I, Pre-Ranger School, Ranger School, SOCM starting 15 Oct. So I have a long journey ahead of me. Im definitely ready to take on the challenge of becoming a Ranger Medic and I will make it.
2BCT 10th MTN DIV.
2 CAB 1st AD- Army FCS
OIF 09-10
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for getting a shot at what you want. You do have a lot ahead of you, just never quit and you'll do fine.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

good luck, and if that's your pipeline, you better be in the best shape of your life walking in the door of RASP. endurance, endurance, endurance, and core strength. you have a long hard road ahead of you. I hope you make it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com. Thanks for your service to our great country! Congratulations on getting a shot at becoming an Army Ranger. Rule #1....NEVER QUIT! Rule # 2.....see Rule #1 !!!!!!!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Welcome!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Welcome to the site.
Competent, experienced combat medics are always very welcome in the Regiment, provided that you can prove yourself all the way through the selection and training pipeline. This is one of the most challenging routes into the Rangers.

There's been a lot of information posted here by serving Ranger medics and from those in the process.
Study hard & study early to improve your medic skills. Pick the brains of the medical professionals at all levels and certs higher than yours, including the doctors. Learn all the professional skills you can beforehand. The academics and practical skills you're expected to master are much more advanced than those of your MOS & rank in Big Army. Don't waste your slot.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
DocSwift
US Army

Post by DocSwift »

I thank everyone for the warm welcome and insight...I am doing my best to get in better shape... No matter how good I get im going to keep trying harder... As far as the SOCM Aspect of it I have been taking the Pre-Socm Course offered on ATTRS and I know when I get I will be married to books. Before I quit any part of the pipeline the Ranger Cadre will have to drag my dead body from wherever I hit the floor at... I am here to learn as much as possible and I appreciate any amount of knowledge.
2BCT 10th MTN DIV.
2 CAB 1st AD- Army FCS
OIF 09-10
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and congratulations. Thank you for your continued service.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

[quote="DocSwift"]... Before I quit any part of the pipeline the Ranger Cadre will have to drag my dead body from wherever I hit the floor at....[/quote]

Nice! I like your attitude! Good luck and remember that if you complete the training and actually get to Regiment, that's when the real work begins. Just because you got your foot in the door doesn't mean you get to take your shoes off and relax. Good luck and like Ranger Ingraham said, don't waste the slot.
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome to the site Doc, good luck! Regiment can always use another medic!
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)

Return to “Introduction Archive”