Favorite Song

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

IntelToad
Ranger

Re: Favorite Song

Post by IntelToad »

"Don't kill a seal, cause you need a meal, you kill 'em cause you wanna hear the little bastards squeal."

"Poke 'em in the eye with your rock poke'n stick"
S-2, HQ 75th, 1985-1987
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Bravo57 wrote:Push NSD
Roger Ranger Bravo57, commencing push-ups now.
Mentee to Ranger K.Ingraham

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

NeverSayDie wrote:
Good, when your done, 1000 finger flutters........................GO!!!!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

Bravo57 wrote:
NeverSayDie wrote:
Good, when your done, 1000 finger flutters........................GO!!!!
Roger Ranger Bravo57, starting now. single or four count exercise?

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

NeverSayDie wrote:
ambracia wrote:Can someone mercy kill this thread ?
Untill the day we wear Tan Berets no Ranger will ever feel any empathy for us (well they might, but if they did they'd never admit it). Even though the Rangers will not show you mercy, your fellow DEPs will.

you gotta be tired by now from 150push-ups & 50(plus) flutterkicks, so I'm gonna help you out by volunteering to pay half of all your exercise debt to any Ranger that post's in this thread from now on. They'll probably just double the amount of PT, but I wanted to let you know we're rootin for ya :mrgreen:

Cheese dick
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
NeverSayDie
Tadpole

Post by NeverSayDie »

rgrpuck wrote:
NeverSayDie wrote:
ambracia wrote:Can someone mercy kill this thread ?
Untill the day we wear Tan Berets no Ranger will ever feel any empathy for us (well they might, but if they did they'd never admit it). Even though the Rangers will not show you mercy, your fellow DEPs will.

you gotta be tired by now from 150push-ups & 50(plus) flutterkicks, so I'm gonna help you out by volunteering to pay half of all your exercise debt to any Ranger that post's in this thread from now on. They'll probably just double the amount of PT, but I wanted to let you know we're rootin for ya :mrgreen:

Cheese dick
Ranger rgrpuck,

Can you please clarify how I was being a Cheese dick? We are repeatedly told to watch out for other DEPs. I felt that by getting smoked with ambracia I could do so, and build the DEP equivilant of e'spirit de core. I was not trying to expliot the situation for my own gain in ANY way. If I wanted to draw attention to myself and get smoked for its own benifit I would have done so in my own thread like I did previously here: http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ambracia,

If you feel like I've screwed you in any way let me know and I'll make it up to you.

rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

NeverSayDie wrote:
rgrpuck wrote:Cheese dick
Ranger rgrpuck,

Can you please clarify how I was being a Cheese dick? We are repeatedly told to watch out for other DEPs. I felt that by getting smoked with ambracia I could do so, and build the DEP equivilant of e'spirit de core. I was not trying to expliot the situation for my own gain in ANY way. If I wanted to draw attention to myself and get smoked for its own benifit I would have done so in my own thread like I did previously here: http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=52605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ambracia,

If you feel like I've screwed you in any way let me know and I'll make it up to you.

Bringing any attention to yourself for any reason outside of mission accomplishment is cheesey....

your a DEP ....to you a high school pep raly is esprit de corp .....

You have offended me by even including yourself in this thread.....

dont do any push ups .....you aint worth my time.

(QRT was here... and concure)
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
ambracia
Embryo

Post by ambracia »

Tribute:

Memorial Day week-end is on the horizon. There will be those of us who will be
going to The Wall; and those of us who will not. However, no matter where we are
there will be stories to regale through tears and laughter.
Jimi Hendrix played our national anthem at Woodstock; and he played it from
his heart. Even though this found itself to be rather insulting to many of the older
vets; this man served our country as a member of the 101st Airbourne.
What is my favorite song....Voodoo Child. All The Way, Jimi.

Merlyn
Merlyn, Thank you for your post. I completely agree with you, for many people, and Veterans in particular, it can appear offensive but I feel its one of those songs which everyone has to interpret for themselves and to me the sounds of combat he attempted to simulate serve as an extension of the lyrics and meaning of the banner, That we are a country born out of war and a country that will as long as it exists will bear its burdens to protect liberty and freedom. Jimi was an icon and it dissapoints me greatly that his death came so early, I would have loved to have seen him play.
NeverSayDie wrote:Untill the day we wear Tan Berets no Ranger will ever feel any empathy for us (well they might, but if they did they'd never admit it). Even though the Rangers will not show you mercy, your fellow DEPs will.

Honestly I was just trying to lighten the mood with the whole Mercy post. I appreciate the support though and hope the Rangers don't make you regret this.
You haven't screwed me and even if you had I doubt there's anything you'd be able to do for it, so just calm down and don't worry about it.
5"10 128 lbs
PU - 80
SU - 70
2 Mi - 16:30
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

it's espirit de corps. I don't have, and refuse to load a surrender-monkey keyboard, so I left off the accent, or whatever the fuck they call it. I don't habla surrender-monkey either.

NSD, had you sent that as a PM, it would have been cooler. not necessarily cool, but cooler. doing it like you did, you come across as a kiss-ass spotlighter.

so I concure.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

KW Driver wrote:NSD, had you sent that as a PM, it would have been cooler. not necessarily cool, but cooler. doing it like you did, you come across as a kiss-ass spotlighter.

so I concure.
Exactly.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

[quote="ambracia"][quote]Tribute:

Ambracia said:
Merlyn, Thank you for your post. I completely agree with you, for many people, and Veterans in particular, it can appear offensive but I feel its one of those songs which everyone has to interpret for themselves and to me the sounds of combat he attempted to simulate serve as an extension of the lyrics and meaning of the banner, That we are a country born out of war and a country that will as long as it exists will bear its burdens to protect liberty and freedom. Jimi was an icon and it dissapoints me greatly that his death came so early, I would have loved to have seen him play.

I DID see Jimi play at my alma mater.
Merlyn
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”