Introduction-Chris

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Chris
Embryo

Introduction-Chris

Post by Chris »

Hello Rangers

I would like to first and foremost thank all of you for your service in the military. Second, I would just like to say wow at this website. The amount of information I have consumed over the past 72 hours is really amazing. I understand that you have one chance for a first impression, so I will attempt to make mine as sincere as possible.

My name is Chris, and I am from Houston, Tx, although the last 2 years I have been attending LSU in Baton Rouge, LA. The military has always greatly interested me since I was a child. Both of my parents were in the Air Force, and both of my grandfathers served in the Army during WW2. I have decided to take a break from school. I am not quitting, or giving up, but for quite a while my true passion has always been serving in the Army. I want to become a lawyer one day, but I believe that can wait. In the meantime, I want to be a Ranger. In a world where I feel no one understands my reasoning for this, I'm glad I have found a group of men who understand the desire to be an elite soldier in our military.

I...

-Hate to lose more than anything
-Played baseball in High School
-Majoring in Accounting, want to go to Law School
-Consider myself an intelligent person
-Pay attention to detail
-Am very observant
-Communicate very well
-O...and I hate losing

I just want to reiterate that this website is awesome! It really seems like a great community. I have spoke with a recruiter, and he went on some rant about all these jobs that will help you in the civilian world after the military. I responded by telling him I want to jump out of planes and be an elite soldier. We are currently working out a date that I can go to MEPS to take my initial physical/ASVAB exam. I will keep everyone informed about my status! Thanks

And for good fortune...

"Opportunities multiply as they are seized." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
Chris
Embryo

Re: Introduction-Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm also very interested in 13F, I would love to hear some first hand information on that job
"A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent, appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective"
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

Welcome. Hold out for what you want and don't settle. As for the 13F MOS, in my opinion, it's a great job to have. I was an RTO but I worked really close with the 13Fs and trained them in RGT in the RTO course. They get to do some pretty cool stuff, but then again, so does every Ranger.

Good luck.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. The fact that you want to serve as an Army Ranger is appreciated. Keep us posted on how things progress with your recruiter. Be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Chris
Embryo

Post by Chris »

Ranger Snafu, thanks for the information and your service

Ranger Bill, I read the ROE. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome, your desire to serve is appreciated.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22

Return to “Introduction Archive”