A Quitter

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

snafu
Ranger

Re: A Quitter

Post by snafu »

A guy who is that scared to be racing shouldn't be on the track..he is a danger and at least he did it for his teammates' sake too. If he isn't confident in his abilities then I think he did the right thing. Some people just lose the nerve.

That said, if I'm his teammate, then I'm probably pissed.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Doesn't surprise me one bit. That nation of AIDS-ridden drug addicts has been shitting its collective panties in the face of Islamic fascism for 15 years now. Fear and cowardice are almost national religious tenets...if you're an infidel that is. I'm sure every left-winger in Holland will welcome the bobsled chickenshits with open arms. They're a paradigm example of what Holland is all about. For those of you who may not know, Geert Wilders, head of the right-wing opposition in Holland, is currently on trial for criticizing the Koran's racism, sexism, and religious intransigence. It isn't just him that's on trial; it's Western Civilization that's on trial.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/02/18/the- ... #idc-cover" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

"I think he'll regret this decision for the rest of his life," Tom de la Hunty (Edwins Coach) said of Edwin at a press conference. "I've told him that to his face."
'NUFF SAID!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by hobbit »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I have often been intrigued by the differences / similarities between fear and adrenaline. Thought myself a pussy at times for thinking that I was afraid of something and then realized it was adrenaline. Recognized my own fear on many other occasions. Sometimes a night jump just didn’t feel right, but I went out the door.

Watched a few 4 man sled teams roll over yesterday and they all seemed to remain intact and uninjured. Its not like the bobsled. I think this guy is a disgrace and would be furious had I supported that that team.
Being scared is OK. Being scared shitless is OK too. There wasn't a mission I went out on in I Corps where I wasn't scared shitless on the way. It's called fight or flight. It's our most innate instinct. We chose to let our fight dominate our overwhelming desire for flight -to not be there. That's what made us Rangers. Every one of us chose to overcome our fear -to face down our fear. Some people can do that, some bobsledders can't.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Dan B 3/75
Ranger

Post by Dan B 3/75 »

hobbit wrote:Doesn't surprise me one bit. That nation of AIDS-ridden drug addicts has been shitting its collective panties in the face of Islamic fascism for 15 years now. Fear and cowardice are almost national religious tenets...if you're an infidel that is. I'm sure every left-winger in Holland will welcome the bobsled chickenshits with open arms. They're a paradigm example of what Holland is all about. For those of you who may not know, Geert Wilders, head of the right-wing opposition in Holland, is currently on trial for criticizing the Koran's racism, sexism, and religious intransigence. It isn't just him that's on trial; it's Western Civilization that's on trial.

G'DAMN RIGHT!!!!

It's the fookin' Olympics. The best of the best. Quittin' time was over when he tried out for the team, and it's BOBSLEDDING for fook sake!.

Now, if they were SHOOTING at the team during the run, I can see being a bit nervous...

I feel for his team mates.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

He's a fucking pussy. By being a giant vagina he's also letting down his team mates. The rest of them, including his brother are just doing the typical group hug sensitivity bullshit. Jesus Christ.
snafu
Ranger

Post by snafu »

ZoneIV wrote: Some have said that it was "brave" of him to quit. On the other hand, some may argue that this act of quitting was self-centered and selfish. When reading this article, I just thought of the number of soldiers in combat (past or present) who have been scared shitless, for far better reasons, but kept driving on in order to not let down their buddies (their "team"). Their concern for their buddies outweighed their own fear of getting killed.

I fully agree. But that trait is what makes them Soldiers and not civilian bobsledders.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
fusion94
Tadpole

Post by fusion94 »

I agree with most of the sentiments previously mentioned.

What I also find amazing is how many US Bobsledders are currently or were in the US Army/World Class Athlete Program.
Scout/Snipers CSC 4/502 Infantry Berlin Brigade - (1986-1988)
Scout/Snipers HHC 3/7 Infantry 24th ID - (1989-1991)
Operation Desert Shield/Storm - (1990-1991)
Detachment 1, Company B, 1/20th SFG(A) (1991-1992) (NQP)
666th Ordnance Company (EOD), 1992-1994
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

fusion94 wrote:What I also find amazing is how many US Bobsledders are currently or were in the US Army/World Class Athlete Program.
I went through Basic in 88 with one.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”