Introduction - DeadCactus

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

deadcactus
Egg

Introduction - DeadCactus

Post by deadcactus »

Hi all,

I'm currently a medical student with an interest in tactical/emergency medicine and a National Guard commitment when I graduate. It's far too early for me to know whether I plan to stay in the Guard, give AD Army a try, or just settle into civilian life when my obligation is up. What I do know is that the hope of working in the special operations community will be one of the major temptations to stay in the military.

Right now I'm just trying to get the most out of my education and find some time to get in better shape. I came here mostly with some specific questions, but also out of a general interest in learning about the Ranger community. I'll save the specific questions until I've had a chance to browse around and see what's been answered.

In short, I'm interested in eventually being involved in the special operations community as a physician. I don't have any delusions of parachuting in and kicking down doors (though I'll admit that I hope I get to jump in one some of the training if I've got some down time). I'd just want the chance to work with an elite community and use my knowledge to make sure they're in good health for the fight, do what I can to make sure they it back home alive if something goes wrong, and to help train the medics and physician assistants who fight next to them.

Thank you for having me here,
DC
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction - DeadCactus

Post by Ranger Bill »

Thanks for your interest in Army Rangers... The Army always needs good doctors.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Learn how to teach & instruct as well. Advanced education does not mean that you will know how to pass along your skills and knowledge.
Our community needs medical professionals at all levels, glad to see you here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thanks for your interest in serving with the best.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

A Physician looking to get into the fight has opportunities, some in the military, other ones in the government agencies.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

Return to “Introduction Archive”