Are there many Filipino's in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
mgsx
Embryo

Are there many Filipino's in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Post by mgsx »

I'm a Filipino and I'm just curious how many of my countrymen got into this proud brotherhood?

I apologize in advance if this isn't the appropriate place to ask this question.
Baseplate
Ranger

Re: Are there many Filipino's in the 75th Ranger Regiment?

Post by Baseplate »

There are only Americans in our military
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

...an outsized proportion of whom were born elsewhere.

No idea if there were any Philippinos in batt during my era but I remember an eskimo who terminated rather than return to Alaska for JRX Jack Frost '76 (or '77?). Said he'd enlisted to escape artic winters, not go living out in them.
Which had nothing to do with your question but thanks for the reminder of the olden days. There are 2-3 of your countrymen (and a woman) who are members here.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

At the risk of coming off as a complete prick, all ow me to impart some of my thoughts.

First, I appreciate your desire to serve. Having said that, you should join your own military if you so desire to be a "warrior". I'm currently writing this from a wood hut on Jolo, along with rest of my unit that is scattered throughout the island and the rest of Sulu. Since we're over here, at the request of your government, I see no reason why you can't enlist in the AFP and serve here to. My point being, if we have to be down here, trying to motivate your countrymen to fight a war against your own internal enemies, then you should be to. If you want to be a "warrior" so bad, there's plenty of opportunity in your own country for that.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
mgsx
Embryo

Post by mgsx »

The Holmchicken wrote:At the risk of coming off as a complete prick, all ow me to impart some of my thoughts.

First, I appreciate your desire to serve. Having said that, you should join your own military if you so desire to be a "warrior". I'm currently writing this from a wood hut on Jolo, along with rest of my unit that is scattered throughout the island and the rest of Sulu. Since we're over here, at the request of your government, I see no reason why you can't enlist in the AFP and serve here to. My point being, if we have to be down here, trying to motivate your countrymen to fight a war against your own internal enemies, then you should be to. If you want to be a "warrior" so bad, there's plenty of opportunity in your own country for that.
Well I have my personal reasons, but thanks for the concern.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

mgsx wrote:
The Holmchicken wrote:At the risk of coming off as a complete prick, all ow me to impart some of my thoughts.

Well I have my personal reasons, but thanks for the concern.

Well
that's really cute of you, but you should read the board SOP before you respond to anyone else....

Thread locked.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”