Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

chuck976
Tadpole

Re: Introduction

Post by chuck976 »

Thank you Ranger JLTW.
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." - Thomas Jefferson

DEP: Shipdate 20100727

Ranger Bill's mentee
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

chuck976 wrote:Sorry Rangers but I do not know how to use the edit button (if there is one). Should I go to the recruiter nearest to my college (where I'm living until the end of the year) or the one nearest to my house?
You are over 18 years of age. You are an adult in the eyes of the law. Recruiters at either location will be just fine.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Thanks Ranger Jim.

Ranger Bill's mentee
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Rangers, I just got back from the recruiter's office and we are on the move. I started filling out the basic paperwork and he told me that the 11X Opt. 40 should not be a problem because I came to him so early. He also told me that I will go to MEPS in about 3 weeks to get all of my other paperwork/physical finished. I will keep you all updated with the progress.

Ranger Bill's mentee
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Ranger ZoneIV, I have been looking on these boards for good PT workouts. I do not have a specific workout yet and was hoping that I could get that help from here. I have looked at Military Athlete but other than that I have just been running and lifting.

Ranger Bill's mentee
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

chuck976 wrote:Ranger ZoneIV, I have been looking on these boards for good PT workouts. I do not have a specific workout yet and was hoping that I could get that help from here. I have looked at Military Athlete but other than that I have just been running and lifting.
You are totally missing his point.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, please explain. I thought that Ranger ZoneIV was talking about PT to get ready to become a Ranger.

Ranger Bill's mentee
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

chuck976 wrote:Ranger Kilted Heathen, please explain. I thought that Ranger ZoneIV was talking about PT to get ready to become a Ranger.
Nope. It's your level of commitment that is in question and by that I mean commitment to anything that requires self-discipline, maturity and the ability to work with a minimum of guidance and supervision.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Ranger Kilted Heathen, I can assure you that my commitment is not in question. I was always questionable about college and now that I am finally here, I now know that at this time it is not for me. I have never wanted anything more than becoming an Army Ranger and will do whatever it takes to become one.

Ranger Bill's mentee
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Rangers Kilted Heathen and ZoneIV have taken much time in explaining some things that you need to examine about yourself. Take their words to heart and use them to your advantage. They have provided you with counsel that thousands of dollars spent with psychologist could never match. Saying you're committed is one thing, but actually demonstrating committment is another. You can start by implementing a structured PT program and committing to that. We are not trying to run you off, we are trying to help you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
chuck976
Tadpole

Post by chuck976 »

Rangers Bill, ZoneIV, and Kilted Heathen I greatly appreciate your responses.

Ranger ZoneIV - Your post was incredibly thorough and it has made me take another look at all of the things I have posted here. I do not want you to think that "he is not worth my time." I am trying to take everything said to me on this board to heart. I would like to try and clear up my post about college and not doing ROTC. I in no way meant that I did not want to work hard to become a Ranger. I have always questioned if college was the right thing for me, but went anyways to keep my parents happy. I knew that the more distractions I had the harder it would be for me to complete something where I was not sure if my whole heart was. You are correct in that I am not doing well in school. I am currently trying my hardest to get myself out of the hole I am in. I told my recruited that I am going to finish this year of college and then ship out so I can get my grades and everything in-order. I do have that never quit attitude and that is why I am currently doing all in my power to fix my school situation.

I did a self administered PT test back when I joined this site but have not done one since. I will do one today and post the results but I have a psych class soon so it will have to wait until after that.

I did completely miss your point with the query you said to me. I simply thought that you meant what had I physically been doing to prepare myself to become a Ranger. I have not just started getting into looking through all of the forums for help with this. I have taken what Ranger panthersix and what Ranger Grumble and Grunt said. I have been looking into cross-fit training and also the Military Athlete workouts.

I completely agree with what Ranger Bill has said. You, Ranger Kilted Heathen, Ranger Bill and all of the Rangers on this site have given me priceless advice, and I plan on taking it all to heart. Again, thank you for taking the time to make that very in-depth post, even for someone you think is "not worth your time."

Ranger Bill's mentee
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

I literally told an Army Chaplain he would now never get to Heaven because he quit (LOM) PRC. I then told the rest of the class to remember that although God will forgive, I fucking won't. I mention this in case you have misconception that I give a rusty fuck about your own lengthy diatribe on this subject.

You should stay in school and play with the girls.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Return to “Introduction Archive”