Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Technical Sadist
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Technical Sadist »

Hello, my name is Josh and I am 16 years old. I will be entering my junior year of high school at the end of this month, and i have wanted to become a ranger since freshmen year.This is my undying goal because i want to surround myself with others who constantly strive to improve their body and mind, like I do. I plan to enlist with an 11x option 40 contract the day I turn 18, and other than bad eyesight, I have no problems holding me back. I am here to learn from the wisdom of BTDT, and my current APFT score is a 272. i am working really hard to improve the run because that is my biggest obstacle right now, but I training to reach 5 miles in 30 minutes by the end of this year.
PU - 80
SU - 80
2 Mi - 15
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Invictus »

Technical Sadist wrote:Hello, my name is Josh and I am 16 years old. I will be entering my junior year of high school at the end of this month, and i have wanted to become a ranger since freshmen year.This is my undying goal because i want to surround myself with others who constantly strive to improve their body and mind, like I do. I plan to enlist with an 11x option 40 contract the day I turn 18, and other than bad eyesight, I have no problems holding me back. I am here to learn from the wisdom of BTDT, and my current APFT score is a 272. i am working really hard to improve the run because that is my biggest obstacle right now, but I training to reach 5 miles in 30 minutes by the end of this year.
PU - 80
SU - 80
2 Mi - 15
Why?
Technical Sadist
Embryo

Ranger Invictus, I do not like competing for second place, and therefore I wanted to be a part of specialized tier one- type unit. Also, I figure there is no better way to hone the body and mind than by spending a lifetime in the 75th. Sorry if I'm not wording this right, but mostly it's more of an inner calling to greatness.
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

at 16, methinks you would not know Tier 1 if we spotted you the 2 and the 3.

But because your 16, perhaps you should go pursue the call to greatness and come back with your Option 40 in hand and then we will see if we can guide you in the right direction.

So, follow this bit of advice. Read more, post little.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?

Post by Ranger Bill »

Josh: Your enthusiasm to become an Army Ranger is appreciated. It is a good thing to have a goal, but another thing to reach it. While you have much time before you will be old enough to enlist, I am still sending you an ROE PM. Be sure to read and follow the instruction in it in order to make your stay here a productive for you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
pellett2007
Tadpole

Post by pellett2007 »

Welcome, PM inbound.
Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak
When you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up
But you gotta search within you, find that inner strength

Mentee to Ranger Bill.
Basic: 12 September 2008, Fort Benning.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and thanks for your interest in serving this fine country.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Ahh... not everyone can be door kickers and shooters, young grasshopper. One of the most underrated (and in my view, deserving of respect) MOSs is that of the humble cook. They always get up earlier, work later, and have to deal with untold shit from whinny motherfuckers who want jello with their chow and the like. Bad ones can ruin unit morale, but the great ones are coveted like gold. Don't forget there are about 10 unglamorous support people for every one of the "cool guys". They must execute their mission with equal skill and dedication in order for the "tier one" guys to do theirs.

But hey, look around and see what you can see. You have some time yet. Thanks for being willing to step up anyway.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Technical Sadist
Embryo

I'm sorry if this sounds nieve, and in no way am I saying anything about the Ranger lifestyle is easy, but is there a certain level of fitness that would make RIP seem easy? For example, if you were able to run 10 miles at a 6 minute pace, would the running portions of RIP be easy for you, or would that person just be pushed harder?
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Technical Sadist wrote:I'm sorry if this sounds nieve, and in no way am I saying anything about the Ranger lifestyle is easy, but is there a certain level of fitness that would make RIP seem easy? For example, if you were able to run 10 miles at a 6 minute pace, would the running portions of RIP be easy for you, or would that person just be pushed harder?
Your 16 and I requested that you post less and read more. RangerBill sent you the ROE.

Use the search feature on this site or better yet, answer your own question, 6 minutes a mile over 10 makes your life easier, of course. Contrary to some of the comments here, we don't all run marathons at 5:00 per mile.

Again, read more, post less. Go get your contract and we will be glad to help you.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Embryo

Hello Rangers,
I am planning on obtaining an option 40 as soon as I turn 18 in a few months, however now I am split between 11x and 68w. I have recieved my EMT-B cert at night classes after school, and will be volunteering with a local unit to see if I would like to do this in the Army. Are the medics in anyway isolated, such as in different barracks or missing out on training? Also, when are medics pulled out of the field compared to the infantrymen? I would love to be either since, in the end, being a Ranger is what really matters, but if I can help someone as a medic, then I probably should, considering the frequent posts stating that more medics are needed. My pushups and situps are still around 80, but 2 mi is now around 12:00. My 1mi is under 5:30, and I've started running long distance such as 10 mi two days ago and a 5mi in about 36:00. Fortunatly, I still have another year of cross country, wrestling, track,and lacrosse to further improve. I apologize for the long winded nature of this post. Thanks,
Josh.
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Good for you. Make sure you let us know when you have contract in hand, and it's OPT40
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Technical Sadist wrote:Hello Rangers,
I am planning on obtaining an option 40 as soon as I turn 18 in a few months, however now I am split between 11x and 68w. I have recieved my EMT-B cert at night classes after school, and will be volunteering with a local unit to see if I would like to do this in the Army. Are the medics in anyway isolated, such as in different barracks or missing out on training? Also, when are medics pulled out of the field compared to the infantrymen? I would love to be either since, in the end, being a Ranger is what really matters, but if I can help someone as a medic, then I probably should, considering the frequent posts stating that more medics are needed.
Josh.
Medics are always required. Have you looked at what training you will undergo as a Ranger Medic? Come back and discuss this on this thread. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Technical Sadist
Embryo

Ranger Jim,
I understand one would go through AIT and SOCM, but are they able to remain with a team as long as the infantrymen, or are they forced to be a hospital or hq medic too soon? Would I still be made to endure the "fun" like the other cherries?
Technical Sadist
Embryo

Rangers,
Would I still be able to obtain an option 40 if I take a couple ROTC courses, or would I be considered prior service? Also, is there any veracity to the rumor that the DEP program has been extended to 14 months under the new name FSP?

Return to “Introduction Archive”