About RIP (Now RASP)

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
GreAle90
Embryo

Re: About RIP

Post by GreAle90 »

Roger, Ranger Jim.
kerka
Embryo

Post by kerka »

Roger
panthersix
Ranger

Post by panthersix »

Jim wrote:
GreAle90 wrote:what if you become ill during RIP, is it best just to suck it up, or do something about it?
Let's assume it follows the Ranger School model:
a. Get sick, suck it up, maybe survive and graduate.
b. Get really sick, go on sick call, recycle, survive and graduate.
c. Injuries are similar to being sick.

Not something you need to worry about. It is a self correcting model. If you are doing well, and you get sick or injured, you can recycle and graduate. It worked for me
What if a frog had glass balls? Would he jump as much? Stop with the "what if" shit and drive the fuck on!
Doc Mac
Ranger Class 11-80
C.Co. WPNS 1/75 79-81
3rd Plt/498th Medevac 81-82
104th LRSD 92-93
422d CA BN (A) 94-97
118th ASOS 02-08
whiskeytango
Embryo

Post by whiskeytango »

roger
"Those Bastards!" COL Cline

mentee to Ranger I Don't Care.
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

GreAle90, quit being a fucking pussy! Concentrate your efforts on the training and quit worrying about stupid shit! And to the rest of you dumbasses that refuse to pay attention to detail and address a Ranger correctly......Elevate your feet and keep knocking em out until I tell you to stop.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

xboxveteran211 wrote:Roger
Roger who? What the fuck were you just told?
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Tahlvain
Ranger

Post by Tahlvain »

Roger, Ranger cdwdirect.
RASP1 Class 05 - 10
1 PLT, D Co, 1/75 RGR 2010-2012
Ranger School Class 03 - 12
Recce, HHC, 1/75 RGR 2012-2014
SOT-A, BSC, 1/20th SFG 2014-Current
Nemo
Embryo

Post by Nemo »

Roger, Ranger cdwdirect.
Shipdate: 20090812
The Old Guy
Ranger

Post by The Old Guy »

Some things never change
The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity – even under the most difficult circumstances – to add a deeper meaning to his life.

Viktor E. Frankl
RichB
USAF Veteran

Post by RichB »

Roger! Ranger cdwdirect
Ship date 20090902
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

xboxveteran211 wrote:
Steadfast wrote:Roger, Ranger cwdirect.

Everyone that said just "Roger" owes Ranger cdwdirect 50 p/u for not addressing him correctly.
I don't mean any disrespect Ranger Steadfast, but, I believe we were told to reply to the thread with the following...

" "Roger". Not more, not less."

So why the hell are we being smoked for what we were told to do.
( Not that this shit never happens in the military, but shouldn't someone take initiative? )

P.S.
I'll give you 25 for your service and another 25 for posting.
Then 50 for Ranger cdwdirect. And then another 50 for the existence of this website...better get the water ready!

Thanks
When given a direct order by a Ranger on this board you do not question it, you follow it to the letter. But you're still a civilian and you still "think" like a civilian, which is why you have no idea why you were given that directive by Ranger Steadfast in the first place.

Situations change and you will learn to adapt, should you not be capable of that you will not be successful in your qwest to become a U.S. Army Ranger.

So Drop and Start Pushin
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I knew someone would question it.

so tell you what highspeed, Ranger CDWDirect just wanted a roger. the board rules say all non Rangers will address Rangers with "Ranger username".

so, is it contradictory? or do you actually have to apply some degree of higher reasoning to do the proper thing? while blind unthinking obedience is good in Basic and may save you some pain, Rangers need to be thinkers. you can't always act accordingly without taking some initiative and applying reasoning to accomplish the commander's intent and end state without someone telling you exactly what to do, step by step.

if you are standing out in the rain, as a leader I shouldn't have to tell you to get out of the rain if you aren't performing a mission that requires you to be out there.
So why the hell are we being smoked for what we were told to do.
( Not that this shit never happens in the military, but shouldn't someone take initiative? )
and that comes across as some seriously whiney, crybaby, crap. you need to lose the woe-is-me attitude quickly . if you didn't intend it, so be it. life will be be less painful if you do.

you will get conflicting orders. You will need to take the initiative to get clarification on which is the priority. and to relay that info to whichever leader who's task you aren't fulfilling.

clear?
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long

Return to “About RASP”