Ranger

Re: Intro ,per someone

Post by McD »

Welcome!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

39mto39g wrote:Been busy, haven't got a chance to visit back here.
Thanks for the welcome.
When I came back to the world from Dominican Republic, I went To Fort Benning for more training. I went threw the Darby Queen several times, This was when they used live ammo and grenades. The only part that we didn't do was the hang and drop over the Ranger tab, instead we did a "slide for life" down a rope into the water while some SGT threw a live Grenade in the water.
After that I volunteered for Vietnam and was sent to the 25th Infantry Div. Just a little different.

Ron
39mto39g wrote:Live gernades , Yes and live ammo at the (I think they called it) the Tire house.
I can't imagin that accidents didn't happen. I'm guessing they don't use live gernads anymore. I watched a ranger show last year and the slide had a burst of water, like it was made with air pressure.
I was at 4th RTB about 3 1/2 yrs and supported app. 100 O-4's (IE. Ranger Demonsration's), and about 50 of those were the 2nd slide in which you speak of(with the explosion). And yes they still us live grenades. That's why when I drink beer I look like a sprinkler!

"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
39mto39g
Tadpole

Post by 39mto39g »

I'm Not real sure what yous guys are getting at, I'm sure if you would check that in 1967 The Darby Queen used live ammo, Including Gernades. But I guess it's easier to just point fingers and jest.
OR, Maybe I wasn't in Benning in 67 and didn't really go to vietnam.
The slide was at the end. By the way.

Ron
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

The slide for life/ log walk which you specifically mentioned is not part of the Darby Queen. Range control will not clear the DQ for live fire of any sort. Period. We don't do "easier" here in any fucking way whatsoever. In fact, several here have cut you slack due to age and memory but I'm throwing the bullshit card on this one. I don't think you fully realise the range-fan you've wandered into here. Believe me, we're not fucking "jesting". No RIs were chucking live fucking grenades at you on the Darby Queen. Period.
You clearly stated that you did not do the logwalk. You also clearly identified the same water obstacle in another post. That obstacle is not part of the Darby Queen and live grenades were not used during the water confidence test.
That's what we're fucking getting at. By the way.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Kilted Heathen wrote:The slide for life/ log walk which you specifically mentioned is not part of the Darby Queen. Range control will not clear the DQ for live fire of any sort. Period. We don't do "easier" here in any fucking way whatsoever. In fact, several here have cut you slack due to age and memory but I'm throwing the bullshit card on this one. I don't think you fully realise the range-fan you've wandered into here. Believe me, we're not fucking "jesting". No RIs were chucking live fucking grenades at you on the Darby Queen. Period.
You clearly stated that you did not do the logwalk. You also clearly identified the same water obstacle in another post. That obstacle is not part of the Darby Queen and live grenades were not used during the water confidence test.
So..... Subtle is out?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Subtle....like a frag on the dinner table.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Bravo57 wrote:
Kilted Heathen wrote:The slide for life/ log walk which you specifically mentioned is not part of the Darby Queen. Range control will not clear the DQ for live fire of any sort. Period. We don't do "easier" here in any fucking way whatsoever. In fact, several here have cut you slack due to age and memory but I'm throwing the bullshit card on this one. I don't think you fully realise the range-fan you've wandered into here. Believe me, we're not fucking "jesting". No RIs were chucking live fucking grenades at you on the Darby Queen. Period.
So..... Subtle is out?
Yep. Over-rated.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
CWeber
Ranger

Post by CWeber »

rgrpuck wrote:Subtle....like a frag on the dinner table.
Or on the Darby Queen.
B. Co. 3/75 92-94
Wpns Plt.
RS 10/93

-Only dead fish follow the stream-
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

rgrpuck wrote:Subtle....like a frag on the dinner table.
Subtle.....like a frag at the WCT or the DQ!!! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Caruthers
Ranger

Post by Caruthers »

It smells like............
It sounds like.............

Fuck it; fire for effect.
"When injustice becomes Law, resistance becomes duty"

Thomas Jefferson

Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.”
- Norm Franz
rgrwest
Ranger

Post by rgrwest »

Welcome!
Rgrwest
RC 13-87
C Co, 1-504 PIR, 84-89
B Co, 5th RTB, 89-92
A, 1-501 (ABN), 93-95
C, 2-11 INF (IOBC), 95-98
HHC, 1-509 PIR, 98-02
USASMA, 02- Instructor
OIF I - Feb 03-Jul 03 (Attached OPS SGM)
USASMA, 04 - Student
HHC, 1-30 INF, 3-3 ID, 04-06 (OPS SGM)
OPSGRP, JRTC, 06-07 (TF SGM)
G3, SETAF (Vicenza, Italy) 07-09 (G3 SGM)
39mto39g
Tadpole

Post by 39mto39g »

Just because some of you never seen a Live Grenade sure doesn't mean they didn't use them. I would bet the Cav never seen a horse, But I'm sure they used them. Some peoples experiance are not the same as others, So!!
When I came here I said I was not a ranger, So I don't have a clue what the rangers do in the darby queen or the water obstical. When I went threw the darby queen , as I remember, we first sat in some rows of seats, were an instructor went threw what was expected, Then by 2s we did the course. As I recall the slide for life had two ways to get to the rope, Across the log or up a ladder, we went up the ladder. There was a pully with a rope hanging from it, The object was to get as close to shore as possible without running into the bank. And someone threw live gernads in the water, at the same point where Rangers today get a blast of air in the water. I'm sure this was not what the Rangers do, we probably did a easy version , but we still did it.

I'm real sorry some don't believe that, I could give a fuck less.
Don't bother cutting me any slack, I sure as fuck don't need it.
You Rangers don't feel I should be here, Fuck It, I'll leave. But calling me a lier will just get a FU right back at you BOY.

Ron
39mto39g
Tadpole

Post by 39mto39g »

Zonk 1/75
Your welcome, and.
Thanks for your service also.

Ron
1/35 3/4 inf 67-68 Vietnam
Attachments
DSC00610.JPG
39mto39g
Tadpole

Post by 39mto39g »

Kilted Heathen
So why aren't you giving AbnRgr289 the same greef your giving me. He seems to recall, just what I said? Or maybe you are in a PM. Like you sent me? Eah?

Ron

Return to “Introduction Archive”