Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Ranger Bill »

Still waiting for the title and author of the book you claim to have motivated you to want to be a Ranger.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
acs88
Embryo

Post by acs88 »

Ranger Bill,

I found it this morning. U.S. Army Rangers and LRRP Units, 1942-87 by Gordon L. Rottman. Our library had a few other books from that series. Alot of fun for a starry eyed boy to read.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

Just curious - are you planning/hoping for an 11x Option 40, or 18x enlistment?
acs88 wrote:Rangers,

My name is Austin. I am in my second year of college for Electrical Engineering. I am joining ROTC (not contracted) next semester in hopes of maxing my PT and gaining valuable skills such as land nav before I enlist. I plan on DEP in during my last semester that way I don't have to wait for an 11x option 40 as long. I have wanted to be a Ranger since the third grade. We had some falling apart library and I found a book that has rarely been checked out on the army Rangers. I read that book front to back and from that moment on I wanted to be a Ranger.

I was going to enlist before I went to college and actually I didn't apply. My mom didn't want me to join up so she applied for me. I knew I could make it through then I could join up and get a little extra money and a promotion. In reality I am glad I went to college first. I was a fat bastard but in my time so far I have dropped 70 lbs and can now run 2 miles in 16 min. Yea sucks right now but I run every other day to get it better and next semester I have ROTC PT. I still have two years to max out my PT and I fully intend on doing so.

Any advice will fall on listening ears. I know that these forums are pretty extensive so I will save any specific questions until I have gone through the forums.

-Austin
acs88 wrote:SITREP

Rangers,

The elementary school no longer had the book so I am trying to find it by other means.

Just got all set up for my ROTC class. Hopefully it will give me needed skills and discipline for when I sign that 18x Option 40. Also, it will get me in better shape.

As always any advice is welcome.

-Austin
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
acs88
Embryo

Post by acs88 »

Ranger Everett Ruess,

That was a typo on my part, 11x Option 40. Must have been a little slip up on my second post.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

acs88 wrote:Ranger Bill,

I found it this morning. U.S. Army Rangers and LRRP Units, 1942-87 by Gordon L. Rottman. Our library had a few other books from that series. Alot of fun for a starry eyed boy to read.
Holy bat dung! I have that book; it parked next to my P-61 Black Widow Units of World War 2 book. The Ranger book is a really cool book...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

I am guessing this is probably the book from an Amazon search, however it doesn't have a photo of the cover. Glad to see they have quality reading material in your public school system. Best of luck to you. During college, binge drinking and late night fast food stops are one of your worst enemies (until you have mastered the Ranger art of converting Pabst Blue Ribbon into pure energy for long runs the following morning). GET GOOD GRADES!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

U.S. Army Rangers (Serving Your Country)
by James Koons
48 pages. geared toward ages 9-12. Published 1SEPT95
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
CardiacKid
Ranger

Post by CardiacKid »

Scratch the book result. Didn't see the 2nd page! :)
MCCC/SFDOQC (2011-present)
2-502 IN (2008-2011)
RS Class 8-08
acs88
Embryo

Post by acs88 »

Ranger Cardiackid,

plus that book was published in 1995. I graduated elementary school in 1999. So that means I read the book in 95-97 ish. The books wasn't in that great of condition (it is a library though) so it was an older publication date.
Everett Ruess
Ranger

Post by Everett Ruess »

acs88 wrote:Ranger Everett Ruess,

That was a typo on my part, 11x Option 40. Must have been a little slip up on my second post.
Roger. Thank you for the clarification.

And welcome...
HHC 1/75 '92
OIF 07-09
197th STC (SO)(A)-present

Sua Sponte!

Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent - that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior.
Friedrich Nietzsche
acs88
Embryo

Post by acs88 »

SITREP

Rangers,

I am still lurking in the shadows learning all I can. Working out hard and waiting for the day I get to sign my papers. Only 2 more years to go until I finish college. I am no longer with ROTC, I was just taking part in the program for the PT and the education. If ROTC could get me the same guarantee that an 11x option 40 would then I would still be with it.

-Austin
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

OK. Just my nickle's worth: Do everything you can to finish college before you enlist.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”