Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Monday's WO

AM: 30 minute bike ride @ 90-95 RPM

PM:

"This Too Shall Pass"

0.5 mile run (100%)

25 Medicine Ball Slams (40lbs)

25 KB Swings (25% BW)

25 Burpees

25 Chin Ups

25 Crunches

25 Push Ups

Three times. No breaks.

Post up your times!
eL_Payaso
Tadpole

Post by eL_Payaso »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

It ought to be said, most people pay good money for what you're doing for us and we appeciate it. Thanks again Ranger Nomad.
Ranger Nomad,

I'd like to X2 that. I haven't been sticking to the routine as much as DUG or inter06, but I'll be starting your routine in a little while, and wanted to say thanks before it was a little late.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

eL_Payaso wrote:
DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

It ought to be said, most people pay good money for what you're doing for us and we appeciate it. Thanks again Ranger Nomad.
Ranger Nomad,

I'd like to X2 that. I haven't been sticking to the routine as much as DUG or inter06, but I'll be starting your routine in a little while, and wanted to say thanks before it was a little late.
No problem. Might sound cheesy, but I am here for you guys. I would like to see all of you make it to the Regiment or an SF Group.

If you are not as involved as DUG, Inter06, VA2, NWrestler and some of the other PT machines in here, try doing all the WO's for two weeks straight. Post your times up here like the other guys and see if you don't feel like this can become a daily routine to prep you for your enlistment!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

"This too shall pass".....MY ASS! That WO SUCKED!

48:52 and I thought those burpees were going to get the better of me. Can't wait to hear the responses on this WO. :lol:
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the a.m. workout. I'm still recovering from the illness that had me sidelined last week, so I only did two rounds at 37:09. Still a serious ass-kicker.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

va2 wrote:Ranger Nomad,

I completed the a.m. workout. I'm still recovering from the illness that had me sidelined last week, so I only did two rounds at 37:09. Still a serious ass-kicker.
Not bad. Make sure you recover before you strain your body with these WO's. The third round was the real kick in the junk. We'll revisit this one sometime in the not too distant future and you'll be able to get the "full experience".
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

AM WO complete.

"This Too Shall Pass" (not fast enough!) time was 49:57 and it almost killed me. It's wet here and I bet I dropped that damned medicine ball 15 times. That may be the hardest one for me yet. About midway through that second round I was wondering if you were pissed off at us for something!
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Re:

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

That workout brought some noises out of me I ain't never heard. Nevertheless, my time was 40:10. Maybe I skipped some reps, but I don't think I did.
RangerJurena wrote:
Probably a good thing that you had Sunday off, eh?

I'll bet you were one of those liquored up Oklahoman's I saw on TV Saturday night. Not much else going on in that state....
RangerJurena,

Haha...Sunday was most definitely blissful, and thats probably all I should say. Can we get some help Thursday from your Aggies?
Nomad
Ranger

Re: Daily workout post

Post by Nomad »

DUG, I wasn't sure who was mad at who. Me at myself, you guys at me, me at you guys... :mrgreen:

NWrestler and Inter06, you guys have done well. That was a hard WO and you've both set some great times. You can high five yourselves. If I had to guess where the difference in time came from, I'd say it's from your runs. You both haul ass on your 2 milers, so a half mile run is probably a 2 to 3 minute affair for you guys. You will both love obstacle courses as you encounter them.

niko wrote:Ranger Nomad,

AM workout completed. PM workout completed in 55:02. This workout sucked. These high rep pull up workouts kill me. This is something I need to keep working on.
Niko, good job. Hang in there with us on the WO's and you'll be set for success in January.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Tuesday's WO

We will change up our leg workout today and I want some feedback from you guys.

Braced Squats with 25lbs plate for 4 x 15

➢ Seated single leg Extensions with 30% BW 3 x 12 (each leg)

➢ DB Lunges 25% BW (i.e. 25lbs DB in each hand) 3 x 12 (each leg)

➢ Calf Raises with 100% BW 3 x 12

Let me know what you guys think and if you'd like to add a certain leg exercise to our leg days.

RLTW!
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the workout as rx'd. The braced squats were hard but not nearly as hard as the 60 regular squats. Overhead squats seem close to brace squats and in my experience quite a bit harder. Plus you can add more weight as compared to brace squats.
Ship date: 20090317 (updated)
eL_Payaso
Tadpole

Post by eL_Payaso »

Nomad wrote:
Let me know what you guys think and if you'd like to add a certain leg exercise to our leg days.

RLTW!
Ranger Nomad,

Paratroopers have not yet been included in any routines. My legs are usually pretty sore the day after doing a few sets of those.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the WO. Although they are contrary to my build (long, skinny arms), I liked the braced squats alot and I'm glad we did them today. Specifically, I liked that they seem to not only work the legs but you have to keep your core firm to keep the weight stable and in place. 25 lbs seemed like a good weight for me for that many reps per set. I don't know when I last did single leg extensions (if ever), but it was nice to have a change of exercises for today. I don't know many other leg exercises other than "pistols". I used to do them some with jumping rope (probably helps with balance too), although they can hurt like hell!
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen

Return to “About Army Physical Training”