Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the shoulder workout and abfidel in 14:57.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Shoulder workout is complete, the Abfidel took me 11:42.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Had to work a little late. Shoulder WO complete. Abfidel time was 10:04. Ranger Nomad, I've searched but cannot find a good description of scuba kicks. I've done them two different ways the last two Abfidel days. I don't know if I'm doing them right or not. Will you give us a description? Thank you.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Abfidel in 7:36..... INTER06, are you doing all exercises as four counts?

As for the scuba kick, you sit down, with your arms behind you, lean back to a 45 degree angle and kick both of your legs in unison out and then retract them without letting them touch the ground.

I hope that makes sense, DUG.

For tomorrow, Friday, we will be doing the following WO:

AM: BRICK 5 mile bike / 2 mile medium run (70%MHR)

PM:

Thank God for Crunches

➢ 10 Pull Ups

➢ 10 Burpees

➢ 10 Crunches

Ten sets, no rest. Timed event.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Yesterday, I believe my time was slower because I was showing my brother how to do some of the exercises.

Todays morning cardio done. Crossfit took me 19:56; that is 5 minutes faster than my previous time on the event.

Anyone else improve their time?
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the AM WO. PM WO time was 20:54, a little better than last time. But not fast enough, damn it. Good time inter06!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Knocked out the morning brick. The bike was easy but running slow like that is hard!

CF took 22:35. I screwed up the sequence and ended up doing PU/CR/BP which will positively smoke your bags.

Excellent job, gents!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

For Saturday, we are going to knock out the following exercises in sequence.

Chest and Tri's

➢ Flat Bench Press: 60 x 100% of your BW. (Break it down. It took me 16 sets to complete the required reps) [You can substitute the FBP with a seated benchpress machine, but will be required to increase the weight to 125% of your BW].

➢ Incline Machine Press: Three sets of 12 x 70% of your BW

➢ Decline Machine Press: Three sets of 12 x 70% of your BW

➢ Cable Flys: Three sets of 12 x 20% of your BW

➢ Tricep Extensions: Three sets of 12 x 25% of your BW

This is not timed, but it should take you no more than 45 minutes. Take 60-90 seconds between sets.

Please give me some feedback if you guys are lacking certain equipment and need to sub exercises. You also may have a lot of trouble lifting 100% of your BW. We can work around this and tailor those days to fit you until you are able to continue with the original plan.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Can we up the weight some on the cable fly's and tricep extensions if needed? I know there is a method to these workouts and I don't want to screw that up, but with the machines I'm using there is little resistance by the 12th rep in any of the sets for 25% of my BW. I've been upping it some on my own, but figured it was best to go ahead and ask.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

DUG wrote:Ranger Nomad,

Can we up the weight some on the cable fly's and tricep extensions if needed? I know there is a method to these workouts and I don't want to screw that up, but with the machines I'm using there is little resistance by the 12th rep in any of the sets for 25% of my BW. I've been upping it some on my own, but figured it was best to go ahead and ask.
Sure. Add 10% of your BW to the numbers right now. When you do the exercises, cable flys for instance, flex your chest muscles when your arms come together and hold for one second. If you do that, in my personal experience, the 12 reps will be a whole lot harder than if you solely bring your hands together and immediately release.

The other thing is that you guys are getting a lot stronger. It's showing on all the WO relating to strength and endurance.

I'll sit down this weekend and modify some of the sequences and weights.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Saturday WO complete. Held the reps on cable fly's for a second longer and felt the difference. Flat bench press to 60 is getting a little easier (less sets), so making progress!

It ought to be said, most people pay good money for what you're doing for us and we appeciate it. Thanks again Ranger Nomad.
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed Saturdays workout.

I concur with DUG, this opportunity cannot be overlooked.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I'm glad you guys are getting something out of it. I know I am starting to get my bags smoked by some of these workouts.

Speaking of which, tomorrow you are off. Enjoy your Sunday!

Return to “About Army Physical Training”