Supreme court judge to review eligibility for Presidency

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Disinfertention wrote:I'm sure they haven't been worried about this because they have a forgery on hand and no one has ever really asked for it... Now that it has been asked for hand-jobs are being given out to get a forgery that will actually hold up...

I don't know much about anything but I will say that this will go away after December 1st. One way or another...

Where did you get the rest of that write up? The link only has an overview.
Agreed.

This is a legitimate issue that needs to be put to bed asap for the sake of the country (no matter which way it turns out).
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

As O Kelly stated this was a big enough concern when McCain ran before that they passed a resolution confirming his citizenship when his case is way more clear cut. I would just like to see the same lens applied to Barry.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I went back and looked up the process for declaring candidacy for POTUS, and interestingly nowhere does it state that you have to produce evidence of citizenship. I suppose it's because it is defined in the Constitution that it has been omitted, but it it really taken on good faith the one meets the requirement.

It was my understanding that as a military dependent, to be born OCONUS in a military hospital was the same as being born CONUS, in such that military instillations are considered sovereign territory.

I had not heard the bit about Obama's mother becoming a citizen of Kenya or Indonesia, but it does raise a new question. However, isn't that trumped by his being born on sovereign US territory in Hawaii?

It will be interesting indeed to see how this plays out.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

The Sleepy Doc wrote: It was my understanding that as a military dependent, to be born OCONUS in a military hospital was the same as being born CONUS, in such that military instillations are considered sovereign territory.
Having been born in Munich, W. Germany (on a US Army installation), I believed the same thing too (my father having been 26 years US Army). Thus far, other than explaining my "odd" SSN, nobody has questioned my status.

I'm curious to see how this turns out for Obama. Either scenario won't be good for the US, IMHO.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

While reading an editorial at Right Side News I noted Some of the assertions to which Obama "admitted" on Philip J. Berg's suit are:

He was born in Mombassa, Kenya in 1961 while his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was married to Barack Obama Sr., a Kenyan.

When his mother, divorced from Obama Sr., moved to Indonesia and married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian, Obama was adopted by Soetoro and became an Indonesian citizen.

While in Indonesia, Obama had his name changed to Barry Soetoro.
Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981 under an Indonesian passport, when Pakistan was a no-travel zone for Americans.

Obama's Kenyan grandmother is alleged to have claimed that Obama was born in Kenya and she was present at the birth.

Muammar Gadhafi, leader of Libya, has publicly claimed that Obama was born in Kenya and studied in Muslim schools in Indonesia.

Obama has also admitted on his website to hold citizenship in another country (the U.S. Constitution forbids dual citizenship).

A lawsuit in Honolulu in the First District Court is seeking a court-order to open Obama's secret birth records.

Obama has thus far neglected a Freedom of Information request for the records at two hospitals in Hawaii.

Lawsuits in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington are asking state Superior Courts to force the each state's Secretary of State, as the chief state elections officer, to perform his or her state constitutional duty to require original certifying birth records from Mr. Obama that would verify his birth in Hawaii.

The article for this can be found at:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2008102623 ... ssing.html

I too am very interested to see how this matter pans out. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
rangertough
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rangertough »

Jenny Lynn wrote:While reading an editorial at Right Side News I noted Some of the assertions to which Obama "admitted" on Philip J. Berg's suit are:

He was born in Mombassa, Kenya in 1961 while his mother, Stanley Ann Dunham, was married to Barack Obama Sr., a Kenyan.

When his mother, divorced from Obama Sr., moved to Indonesia and married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian, Obama was adopted by Soetoro and became an Indonesian citizen.

Obama traveled to Pakistan in 1981 under an Indonesian passport, when Pakistan was a no-travel zone for Americans.

Obama's Kenyan grandmother is alleged to have claimed that Obama was born in Kenya and she was present at the birth.

Muammar Gadhafi, leader of Libya, has publicly claimed that Obama was born in Kenya and studied in Muslim schools in Indonesia.

Obama has also admitted on his website to hold citizenship in another country (the U.S. Constitution forbids dual citizenship).

A lawsuit in Honolulu in the First District Court is seeking a court-order to open Obama's secret birth records.

Obama has thus far neglected a Freedom of Information request for the records at two hospitals in Hawaii.

Lawsuits in California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington are asking state Superior Courts to force the each state's Secretary of State, as the chief state elections officer, to perform his or her state constitutional duty to require original certifying birth records from Mr. Obama that would verify his birth in Hawaii.

My give a fuck tank is just about empty on the whole election thing. However, I would caution anyone who quotes an editorial from RIGHT SIDE NEWS to be careful. The very nature of the site lends itself far and away from "balanced and un-biased".

Tough
Rangertough
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
C CO/HHC 2/75 '93-97, Bragg '97-'99, HHC/C CO/A CO 2/75 99'-'01 RS 8-94.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

rangertough wrote: My give a fuck tank is just about empty on the whole election thing. However, I would caution anyone who quotes an editorial from RIGHT SIDE NEWS to be careful. The very nature of the site lends itself far and away from "balanced and un-biased".

Tough
See that's the problem. Most Republician news types will play fair while the lefty's go buttnutty. I say lets all shit in the sandbox.... :roll:
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

rangertough wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:While reading an editorial at Right Side News I noted Some of the assertions to which Obama "admitted" on Philip J. Berg's suit are:

My give a fuck tank is just about empty on the whole election thing. However, I would caution anyone who quotes an editorial from RIGHT SIDE NEWS to be careful. The very nature of the site lends itself far and away from "balanced and un-biased".

Tough
Ranger Rangertough,

Roger that, I'm trying to keep an open mind in regards to this matter but I am curious if any of the assetions listed in the editorial I quoted or the points that TC204 listed are discussed freely and openly in the media, in governmental circles, etc. between now and mid January.

As a former governmental auditor and current governmental worker, I have seen politics both good and bad first hand and hope that in the end that justice prevails. That good overcomes the bad, I know I might be dreaming but one can always hope.

Thanks, Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

Jenny Lynn you are in bounds that is why I really don't post shit about the Pres. elect. Unfortunately we will be stuck with this pos for the next 4 years. Dick fuck (Obama) is from my State and I Don't Care. IL. is bankrupt lets see what happens in the next 4 with the rest of the Great USA.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango

Return to “The News Dump”