Qaeda scorns Obama with racial slur, urges attacks

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Silverback
Ranger

Qaeda scorns Obama with racial slur, urges attacks

Post by Silverback »

WASHINGTON, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Al Qaeda's deputy leader accused Barack Obama of betraying his race and his father's Muslim heritage on Wednesday and urged more attacks, as the group tried to counter the incoming U.S. president's global popularity.

Osama bin Laden's second-in-command Ayman al Zawahri attacked Obama as a "house Negro," a racially-charged term used by 1960s black American Muslim leader Malcolm X to describe black slaves loyal to white masters.

"You represent the direct opposite of honorable black Americans like ... Malcolm X," Zawahri said in al Qaeda's English translation of his remarks. It was al Qaeda's first high-level commentary on Obama's election on Nov. 4.

Zawahri criticized Obama's support for Israel and plans to send more U.S. troops to Afghanistan, where he said they were destined to fail. He called on Islamist fighters to keep striking a "criminal" United States until it withdraws from Muslim lands.

U.S. officials and analysts, alert for signs of an attack in the period leading up to the transfer of presidential power on Jan. 20, said there was no sign of an imminent threat.

They cast Zawahri's message as an attempt to shift al Qaeda's focus from U.S. President George W. Bush and maintain an enmity against the United States among its supporters.

"They're faced with what is by any accounting a change in this country," said one U.S. counterterrorism official who asked not to be identified.

"The way they're dealing with the change represented by the election of an African American as president of the United States is to insist that nothing has changed," he said.

Full Story
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Qaeda scorns Obama with racial slur, urges attacks

Post by rgrpuck »

Silverback wrote:"The way they're dealing with the change represented by the election of an African American as president of the United States is to insist that nothing has changed," he said.

Full Story
I guess AQ didnt get the memo.
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Since Barry was brought up in Indonesia and spent time in muslim schools, do the mulsims consider him to be apostate.

I thought that this was funny in that the talking heads here said he could mediate with the knuckle heads because of his worldly experience and having lived abroad, but I wonder what the crazies think of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Looon
Ranger

Re: Qaeda scorns Obama with racial slur, urges attacks

Post by Looon »

Silverback wrote:
"You represent the direct opposite of honorable black Americans like ... Malcolm X," Zawahri said
:roll:

Yeah, he was a winner........
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

I don't think that they fully understand American culture.

"Yeah, that's my dog. I'll kick the shit out of my dog whenever I want to, but you sure don't fuck with my hound..."

They'd do better to leave it alone, IMHO.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Well it’s about time AQ started with the incumbent POTUS. Which means that President elect Obama will have to show his teeth and maybe flex a liberal muscle.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

As he was born to an Islamic father, he is considered to be Islamic by birth. Should he choose to become a Christain, he is considered an Apostate, and liable to be punished. Attached is an article from the Times of London discussing the fate of Apostates.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 510589.ece
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Well there's gratitude for ya... :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

Jim wrote:As he was born to an Islamic father, he is considered to be Islamic by birth. Should he choose to become a Christain, he is considered an Apostate, and liable to be punished. Attached is an article from the Times of London discussing the fate of Apostates.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 510589.ece
Ah yes, the religion of Peace! Showing their peacefulness!!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"

Return to “The News Dump”