Daily workout post

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad and DEP's,

I have to conclude that I miscounted my reps somehow. It seems really unlikely that I beat DUG, inter06, and Nwrestler by about ~3 minutes each, considering my past performances.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

va2 wrote:Ranger Nomad and DEP's,

I have to conclude that I miscounted my reps somehow. It seems really unlikely that I beat DUG, inter06, and Nwrestler by about ~3 minutes each, considering my past performances.
Roger that. Do 25 Burpees for lack of situational awareness and recover.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Today is Veterans Day. It is important that we observe it for many reasons, but the prevalent one here on ArmyRanger.com is the fact that we have interaction between DEP's, you guys, up and coming soldiers, special forces operators and Rangers and us, veteran Rangers.

What I want to tell you today is that you are all making a sacrifice larger than you can understand right now by enlisting in the Army and swearing an oath to defend your country.

Understand that most of your time in uniform will be spent at war, at least during your initial enlistments. You will test your mettle and bring death and destruction to our enemies. As a matter of fact, there isn't a single one of you in this group who has signed up for a job that won't put him right in the middle of it all. And that is admirable.

On this day, I ask for you all to put out a little bit harder on your workout. Commit yourselves to being in the best physical and mental shape you can get in before you depart on your training pipelines.

When you arrive at your units and during some of your training, when "the suck" gets a hold of you and you are ready to take a break, you will be ordered to move "further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier".

With that said, I want all of you to write out the Ranger creed, by hand, and put it in a place where you will see it every day as you get ready for your service to this nation.

Thank you for all of your hard work so far and keep up your attitudes. They will carry you further than you think.

Rangers Lead The Way!
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Tuesday's workout complete.
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

Ranger Nomad,

Tuesdays PM workout completed. Substituted tricep extensions with close-grip flat bench, same number of sets and reps.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I completed the workout.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

WO completed.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
grj5001
Paratrooper

Post by grj5001 »

Monday I updated my APFT score.

2 mile run- 14:20, flat surface
Push-Ups-89
Sit-Ups-76
Pull- Ups-18

PT score: 278

The last time I ran the 2 miler it was on a cross country course, this run was more accurate and that is why I have a dramatic increase in my PT score.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Wednesday

AM:

3 mile run, 75-80% MHR. Time yourselves and work on maintaining your HR range.

PM:

Revisiting an old friend here. Some of you may not be familiar with him yet, but you'll learn to kick him in the junk.

THE ONE MINUTE MAN

Exercises 1-9 comprise one round.

1. Push Ups

2. Flutter Kicks

3. Lunges

4. Medicine Ball Slams (40lbs medicine ball or equivalent)

5. Crunches

6. Squats (no additional weight)

7. Overhead Press (35-45lbs weight)

8. Sit Ups

9. High knees (running in place)

Three rounds, 60 second rest between rounds.

Total WO time: 27 min plus 3 min rest.
va2
Tadpole

Post by va2 »

Ranger Nomad,

I had to combine the a.m. and p.m. workouts again, but I completed both.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Thursday's WO:

Shoulders:

DB Side Raises 3 Sets of 12 reps (15% of your BW)

DB Front Raises 3 Sets of 12 reps (15% of your BW)

Seated DB Press 3 Sets of 12 reps (25% of your BW)

Incline Sit Ups 3 Sets of 50 reps

Give yourself a good 5 minutes of running on a treadmill or outside to warm up your body. You are going for good form here. The 12th rep should not make you look like you are having a seizure but it certainly shouldn't feel easy.

Take 90 seconds between sets.
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the AM & PM WO's for Wed. In the AM WO my time was 27:00 exactly. My HR average was 80% of max, but it was all over the place for about the first 1-1.5 mile (felt like I was constantly speeding up and slowing down). HR stayed between 75-80% of max for the last half and my pace felt steady.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
inter06
Tadpole

Post by inter06 »

Ranger Nomad,

Completed the run in 23:55. My new polar monitor should be delivered today. The One Minute Man took me 32:03 with rest time.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”