Hello all,

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Will do Ranger JLTW!!!. I feel like such a lazy fat body, because my body is too used to not having to do anything, but I plan to change that with a good helping of running, sprints maybe.
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

SitRep Rangers!
This was done in front of recruiters Company Commander(A tabbed 03, with Airborne, Air assault, Pathfinder, CIB.)
PushUp: 62
SitUp: 57
PullUp: 6(still)
2Mile: 14:31(Faster than before my surgery?!?)
Got a nasty cold right now, but I'm gonna push through it.(Gotta love Dayquil!)
Thank you.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Hello all,

Post by Ranger Andy »

Take two grains of salt and drive on...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Roger that Ranger Andy.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Take your time and do not over-do it. Make a small improvement each and every time - a few seconds on your run, one more pushup and situp. As for chinups, work on them and do some bicep curls.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

You're recovering well! Take Ranger Bill's advice and drive on.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Roger that Ranger Ranger Bill and Ranger Earth Pig. Push ups an Sit ups till the local school closes and the track opens.
A.Hackney
Embryo

Re: Hello all,

Post by A.Hackney »

Hello Rangers.
I have hit a snag with my enlistment. I have just been informed by my recruiter that the paperwork that will be submitted to clear my medical status may count as a medical waiver. When I was at MEPS last November I was disqualified, but the head doctor said that once I was fixed up it wouldn't cause me any problems with my enlistment or OP40. Now my recruiter is telling me that I am barred from getting BAC or RIP on paper, but another is telling me that I should be fine. I need a little clarification, and I was hoping that one of you would be willing to help, because my recruiter wont. I have googled the web, and found a website called "ProfessionalSoldiers." On this site there is a topic where someone was medically disqualified from BAC due to a PKR eye surgery who was asking for help. Someone had replied that they had gotten an 18x with the same waiver, because they had stuck to there guns and didn't settle. My recruiter says that He'll put an OP40 in my contract anyway, but he says it wont go through.
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

Anything worth have is worth fighting for. Don't sign any paperwork until you get what you want. And then watchout, you might get what you're after! Good luck and drive on dude...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Tell them Opt.40 or nothing.
Be patient and use the time well.
They will call you back after they discover that you mean it, then suddenly, they "discover" that you can get your Opt40 after all....
You're young enough that if given time to heal properly, your hernia shouldn't be a disqualifier. (of course the 'rules' might very well say otherwise) - make them show you in print any reg that disqualifies you.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Roger that Ranger Ranger Andy and Ranger K.Ingraham, and thank you. I have been furiously searching the web for any Army regulation that states a medical waiver as a DQ for BAC. I have turned up nothing. What I have turned up is multiple cases where people have gotten Option 40 or 18x with a medical waiver simply because they didn't sign until they got it. I have also found evidence that the "No BAC with a waiver" is not an Army regulation, but a MEPS guideline.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

K.Ingraham wrote:Tell them Opt.40 or nothing.
Be patient and use the time well.
They will call you back after they discover that you mean it, then suddenly, they "discover" that you can get your Opt40 after all....
You're young enough that if given time to heal properly, your hernia shouldn't be a disqualifier. (of course the 'rules' might very well say otherwise) - make them show you in print any reg that disqualifies you.
X2. Listen to this Ranger.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
A.Hackney
Embryo

Post by A.Hackney »

Roger that Ranger cams. Thank you.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

A.Hackney wrote:Roger that Ranger Ranger Andy and Ranger K.Ingraham, and thank you. I have been furiously searching the web for any Army regulation that states a medical waiver as a DQ for BAC. I have turned up nothing. What I have turned up is multiple cases where people have gotten Option 40 or 18x with a medical waiver simply because they didn't sign until they got it. I have also found evidence that the "No BAC with a waiver" is not an Army regulation, but a MEPS guideline.
I think you are correct. Didn't we discuss this several months ago?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”