Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ape
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Ape »

Hello Rangers and all others on this website. My name is Manuel. I am a split option and have completed basic training at Fort Knox, Kentucy this past August.

Honestly Basic Training has become a joke. Its difficulty was nothing compared to what I had thought it would be. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy it and there where difficult parts but I felt like I wasn't getting the kind of training I wanted, the kind of challenge I wanted.

I mentioned it to one of my Drill Sergents who began RIP but broke is ankle and he told me about the Rangers. He, who I already respected greatly, respected the Rangers so much. It made me want so badly to join their ranks and carry the tab on my shoulder.

I became a squad leader and began to love the leadership position. My squad won literally every competition we were in and our platoon received Honor Platoon winning the most amount of streamers. I was proud of how basic training went and the challenges in it but now back home feel . . alittle empty.

I feel like I'm not worthy of the thanks people give me when I'm in uniform. I haven't earned their thanks. I want to earn it. I want to become a Ranger.
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Don't sell yourself short. Serving during a time of war is no small item. You can die for your country just as fast as any Ranger. Thanks for your service.

Welcome to the site. If you've already graduated basic, why are you posting in this section anyway? I'm sure someone will be along to square you away.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

he actually posted properly here, having not completed AIT, or holding an MOS.

Ape, you in high school or college?

read around and find out the difference between earning the tab or scroll, or ideally both and figure out which you want. the scroll may be a harder path to walk, just getting there, but it can be done, and has been done by members of this board.

thanks for serving.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ape
Embryo

Post by Ape »

Thankyou Ranger Disinfertention and Ranger KW Driver for the welcome. I'm currently attending High School, but I will look into the difference between the tab and scroll. I thought they were different names to the same item.
But I had questions on getting the option 40 as a split op. Do I ask them here or start a new thread else where?
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

the answer

QRT was here
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ape
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Ape »

I never put my APFT scores:

2min situps - 78
2min pushups - 64
2mile run - 14:27

Yes there's room for improvement. I know I'm not the best physically and no lie I've got some insulation on me but I've never quit and I know I can make it through Ranger School. Anyway I've been doing Ranger Silverbacks pushup routine. I'm on week 4 so I'm a little sore but my original results weren't far from this past test. I've always needed work on the run. If anyone knows any good running tips
or any comments, criticism or advise they'd be much appreciated.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site, and thanks for enlisting.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Ape

Post by Steadfast »

excerpt of Disinfertention wrote: If you've already graduated basic, why are you posting in this section anyway? I'm sure someone will be along to square you away.
Ranger Disinfertention, Ape is not considered a soldier on this site until he has completed MOS training.

Welcome youngster.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
The Surgeon
Ranger

Post by The Surgeon »

welcome and good luck!
Bco 3/75
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

You can make happen what you have the will and ability to make happen. Welcome and good luck to you in reaching your goals, with luck meaning "preparedness meeting opportunity." Get yourself prepared and then find the opportunity.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group

Return to “Introduction Archive”