31 y/o Paramedic interested in becoming a Ranger. Too old??

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
curdajer
Egg

31 y/o Paramedic interested in becoming a Ranger. Too old??

Post by curdajer »

Im 31 years old in Houston TX area. Ive been interested in becoming a Ranger for quite sometime now. 9 years as 911 Paramedic. One year as flight paramedic for Memorial Hermann Life Flight. I would love to explore the origins of my civillian proffession and serve in the US Army. What is the average age of soldiers entering Ranger school and rates of attrition for soldiers my age starting ranger training. Im in fairly good shape can do 4-5 pull ups, about 30 pushups, and 30 -40 sittups within two minutes. Im a slow runner but run 2-3 miles two to three times a week. Any comments either way would be helpfull in my decision making. Im getting bored at my current job.

Thanks,
Jeremiah Curda LP, NREMT-P, CCEMTP
curdajer@yahoo.com
(Name deleted by Admin) LP, NREMT-P, CCEMTP
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

You have a lot of questions...there have been many old guys before you. Use the search button.

THe only thing you have to fear is....

Getting crushed!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
curdajer
Egg

Post by curdajer »

Yeah your right! I like statistics I guess?!! HAHAHAHA!!

Like Nike!!

Just Do It!!
curdajer
Egg

Post by curdajer »

I would like to serve in BATT. Not just attend Ranger training!! Mentaly tough is a strong point of mine!! I knew this would be a good place to get answers. Other than the standard crap I may hear from a recruiter!! You guys are awsome real professional soldiers!
DUG
Tadpole

Post by DUG »

curdajer,

PM inbound.
Mentee to Ranger Kilted Heathen
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I doubt you will find information regarding the attrition rate for men your age. An overall rule of thumb seems to be that of those who qualify and enlist with an Option 40 contract, about one in eight will serve successfully in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Physically, we strive for ArmyRanger.com DEP mentees to be able achieve at least a 275 on the PT test. Ideally, we like to see about 80 pushups and situps in two minutes, a two mile run in 13 minutes and double digits in chinups. And being a Ranger is more metal than physical. It takes heart, and the instinct to never quit, no matter what. With that said, there is no reason you can not achieve your goal. It just depends on how much you want it and whether you are willing to do what it takes to get it. Plenty of men your age have...
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DUG wrote:curdajer,

PM inbound.
You know of course that you have taken ownership of this one. If he continues to run his fucking suck like we're his "myspace" girlfriends I'll be having some words with you.

turdajer, DUG knows the near-range recognition signals. Tuck yourself behind him and take a knee.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

We have a 37-year old SPC in RIP Pending with me. He's a stud. We have some 18 yo's breaking down just as much as the old guys. Your age shouldn't mean anything, just give it 110%. I was 220lbs at one point in my life and now I'm just over 150. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Driving On,
-DRM
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Sent you a PM. Need offline help, ask. It'll save you the probelm of getting eaten alive here.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

DRM wrote:We have a 37-year old SPC in RIP Pending with me. He's a stud. We have some 18 yo's breaking down just as much as the old guys. Your age shouldn't mean anything, just give it 110%. I was 220lbs at one point in my life and now I'm just over 150. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Driving On,
-DRM

If you want to wave fucking pom-poms from RIP hold do it in pm. You're not yet qualified to give advice to anyone.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

DRM
Paratrooper

Post by DRM »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
DRM wrote:We have a 37-year old SPC in RIP Pending with me. He's a stud. We have some 18 yo's breaking down just as much as the old guys. Your age shouldn't mean anything, just give it 110%. I was 220lbs at one point in my life and now I'm just over 150. You can do anything you set your mind to.

Driving On,
-DRM

If you want to wave fucking pom-poms from RIP hold do it in pm. You're not yet qualified to give advice to anyone.
Roger Ranger Kilted Heathen.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

curdajer wrote:I would like to serve in BATT. Not just attend Ranger training!! Mentaly tough is a strong point of mine!! I knew this would be a good place to get answers. Other than the standard crap I may hear from a recruiter!! You guys are awsome real professional soldiers!

This statement from you is fucking bullshit. If you think Ranger School is something you "attend"...

Why is your fucking name in your goddamn sig-line?

Do push ups. Lotsa push-ups.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
curdajer wrote:I would like to serve in BATT. Not just attend Ranger training!! Mentaly tough is a strong point of mine!! I knew this would be a good place to get answers. Other than the standard crap I may hear from a recruiter!! You guys are awsome real professional soldiers!

This statement from you is fucking bullshit. If you think Ranger School is something you "attend"...

Why is your fucking name in your goddamn sig-line?

Do push ups. Lotsa push-ups.
Did you just take him on as a mentee???? :shock:

:lol: :lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”