Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

marundel
USAF

Post by marundel »

Our biggest problem at Flintlock 87 was the SEALs not wanting to jump a water DZ without 3 passes - one for spotting, one for a wind streamer, one to jump. We ended up offloading them in Oslo and bussing them to their objective.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

marundel wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
cams wrote:Welcome, and thanks for your service.

I was hangin' around the neighborhood that night, watchin' the little tracers fly by like firefly's on acid.

Ranger AbnRgr289 asked a question, we're trying to help you but you must stay awake hooah?
And I'm still..........Mother............Fucking...........Waiting! :evil:

What Fucking door?

If you fail to answer this question, I'll assume your a liar! :evil:
Greetings Rangers. My deepest and heartfelt appologies for a two-year gap in responding. I have no excuse. I have no good reasons. I don't even have a good lie to use in this case. Simply the humiliating error of failing to keep up an email account and losing track. I will attempt to make up in a small way by answering the quesitons posted in this thread.

He was third ot fourth from the end of the stick on the left side of chalk 10.

Yes, I spent 211 days at Riyadh as part of the 1610th ALD. I also flew missions regularly with the C-130 units out of Masirah, Thumrait, KFIA, and Al's Garage.

You are absolutely right - I must stay awake. I did in fact retire in 2007 as forecast. Unfortunately, I went ROAD about 60 days prior (gotta burn the leave somehow) and didn't "restart the heart" until nearly 4 months after. As an aside, I am now a civ employee working with 20SUPCOM at APG, MD... and meeting new aquaintances who also proudly wear their tabs. History repeats itself - it was one of those that sent me back to this site.

Flintlock 86... can't help you there, although Flintlock 87 I could probably get you some names.

I noted that there is a 75th board a little farther down the list. As I'm almost certain we were jumping the 75th that night, I'll troll there as well.
This statement has me a bit noodled. Where do you think you are now, in regards to the 75th?

Question #2: How could you watch those young Rangers step into a black, tracer filled sky while their bird was being turned into a fucking spaghetti strainer and NOT remember what unit those crazy-sons-of-bitches were in?

Did your bird come back shot to shit on a regular basis? If that's the case I would better understand. But from your resume, it does not sound like that is the case.

I'm not asking you these questions in a hostile way so don't let the computer mask my sincerity, I'm really very curious.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Tick-tock dude. You come here asking lots of questions and then keep disappearing when we ask you something. That's not real neighborly.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

marundel
USAF

Post by marundel »

cams wrote:Tick-tock dude. You come here asking lots of questions and then keep disappearing when we ask you something. That's not real neighborly.
Sorry about that. No offense intended.
cams wrote:This statement has me a bit noodled. Where do you think you are now, in regards to the 75th?
I just noted that I had started the original thread in the "Introductions" section, and that it might be more appropriate in the specific board. I only recently learned that there is but one Ranger Regiment.
cams wrote:Question #2: How could you watch those young Rangers step into a black, tracer filled sky while their bird was being turned into a fucking spaghetti strainer and NOT remember what unit those crazy-sons-of-bitches were in?
lol - good point. If memory serves me correctly, it was 3/75th, but I would definitely have to go back to my memorabilia box and root around for my flight log.
cams wrote:Did your bird come back shot to shit on a regular basis? If that's the case I would better understand. But from your resume, it does not sound like that is the case.
Almost never. In 19 years in the cockpit, I've been shot at a whopping 5 times and the trip over Rio Hato resulted in the most number of holes - 21 total.
cams wrote:I'm not asking you these questions in a hostile way so don't let the computer mask my sincerity, I'm really very curious.
No hostility perceived. You guys are a great bunch for even allowing me to post here, and a great resource for information like this. I'm happy to answer any questions that'll help me get to the information I'm looking for... even if it takes me a couple weeks between visits.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

marundel wrote:
cams wrote:Tick-tock dude. You come here asking lots of questions and then keep disappearing when we ask you something. That's not real neighborly.
Sorry about that. No offense intended.
cams wrote:This statement has me a bit noodled. Where do you think you are now, in regards to the 75th?
I just noted that I had started the original thread in the "Introductions" section, and that it might be more appropriate in the specific board. I only recently learned that there is but one Ranger Regiment.
cams wrote:Question #2: How could you watch those young Rangers step into a black, tracer filled sky while their bird was being turned into a fucking spaghetti strainer and NOT remember what unit those crazy-sons-of-bitches were in?
lol - good point. If memory serves me correctly, it was 3/75th, but I would definitely have to go back to my memorabilia box and root around for my flight log.
cams wrote:Did your bird come back shot to shit on a regular basis? If that's the case I would better understand. But from your resume, it does not sound like that is the case.
Almost never. In 19 years in the cockpit, I've been shot at a whopping 5 times and the trip over Rio Hato resulted in the most number of holes - 21 total.
cams wrote:I'm not asking you these questions in a hostile way so don't let the computer mask my sincerity, I'm really very curious.
No hostility perceived. You guys are a great bunch for even allowing me to post here, and a great resource for information like this. I'm happy to answer any questions that'll help me get to the information I'm looking for... even if it takes me a couple weeks between visits.
Understood. Sorry, can't help you.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92

marundel
USAF

Post by marundel »

cams wrote:Understood. Sorry, can't help you.
No worries. You're keeping me on my toes, and keeping me coming back to the board. In the long run, that's a great deal of help. Thanks
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

marundel wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
cams wrote:Welcome, and thanks for your service.

I was hangin' around the neighborhood that night, watchin' the little tracers fly by like firefly's on acid.

Ranger AbnRgr289 asked a question, we're trying to help you but you must stay awake hooah?
And I'm still..........Mother............Fucking...........Waiting! :evil:

What Fucking door?

If you fail to answer this question, I'll assume your a liar! :evil:
Greetings Rangers. My deepest and heartfelt appologies for a two-year gap in responding. I have no excuse. I have no good reasons. I don't even have a good lie to use in this case. Simply the humiliating error of failing to keep up an email account and losing track. I will attempt to make up in a small way by answering the quesitons posted in this thread.

He was third ot fourth from the end of the stick on the left side of chalk 10.

Yes, I spent 211 days at Riyadh as part of the 1610th ALD. I also flew missions regularly with the C-130 units out of Masirah, Thumrait, KFIA, and Al's Garage.

You are absolutely right - I must stay awake. I did in fact retire in 2007 as forecast. Unfortunately, I went ROAD about 60 days prior (gotta burn the leave somehow) and didn't "restart the heart" until nearly 4 months after. As an aside, I am now a civ employee working with 20SUPCOM at APG, MD... and meeting new aquaintances who also proudly wear their tabs. History repeats itself - it was one of those that sent me back to this site.

Flintlock 86... can't help you there, although Flintlock 87 I could probably get you some names.

I noted that there is a 75th board a little farther down the list. As I'm almost certain we were jumping the 75th that night, I'll troll there as well.
I was about 8th or 10th from the end of the stick on the left side of that bird and my FDC chief was 2 jumpers behind me. That would have put him behind us. I know that I didn't pass anyone on the way out that was busted up.

And no one ever said anything about anyone getting hit either. That's why I asked.

All I know is that we were getting hammered and needed to unass the bird.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Introduction Archive”