General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Chiron
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Chiron »

hit_it wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Chiron wrote: I'm taking my 17 year old nephew to this movie tomorrow. 40 seats in the theater that cost $32 each. It's a present to the kid. He earned it.

But I also enjoy the Batman and look forward to it.
It costs $32 to go see a movie in Greece? :shock: I'd have to find another hobby.
Probably a Kino, like in Germany.

Go in, sit at a table, have a meal and a beer and enjoy the show.
That's it! The entire place has 40 seats (reclining) with tables. I will do my utmost to enjoy it. By the way normal tickets are around $12.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Chiron
Ranger

Re: ,

Post by Chiron »

Invictus wrote:
Chiron wrote:
CatFish Driver wrote: Definitely an awesome movie. It's been a long time since a character in a movie legitimately disturbed me. Coming down off a role like that must have been agonizing for Heath Ledger, probably contributing to his demise. His portrayal of the Joker is definitely lives up to the hype.
I'm taking my 17 year old nephew to this movie tomorrow. 40 seats in the theater that cost $32 each. It's a present to the kid. He earned it.

But I also enjoy the Batman and look forward to it.
Does this cost include a stripper and a BJ throughout the movie?
Unfortunately no. :(
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Grunt11B
Embryo

Post by Grunt11B »

Im still waiting to get the Haji copy of Dark Knight out here. Got another week, the movie "Never back down" is doing pretty good over here. Mainly the younger soldiers like it due to the increase of UFCs popularity. And we all like to fight
SGT USA INF 2006-Present
OEF 2007-2008
OIF 2009-2010
“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.â€
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I was wrong about Scully being a fat pig in my several posts back post...she's definitely still doable.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I was wrong about Scully being a fat pig in my several posts back post...she's definitely still doable.
X-Files sucked a fat baby's dick. All the characters, the stupid plot, the lack of twists in the story, all of it sucked a fat baby's fat dick! Scully's looking a little long in the tooth, but still very doable.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:I was wrong about Scully being a fat pig in my several posts back post...she's definitely still doable.
X-Files sucked a fat baby's dick. All the characters, the stupid plot, the lack of twists in the story, all of it sucked a fat baby's fat dick! Scully's looking a little long in the tooth, but still very doable.
Damned, Dude! Are you sure you're not the fat guy on Channel 2 that does the movie reviews? You own a movie theater or something? :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

BruteForce wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:
Damned, Dude! Are you sure you're not the fat guy on Channel 2 that does the movie reviews? You own a movie theater or something? :D
I think I've mentioned this before, I have no life.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I know it ain't a new movie, but it is a great one and one of Clint's best....

Hang 'Em High!

I'll never get tired of watching it. Great cast, good message without being too preachy, excellent period piece. Overall, an outstanding movie.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

The Sleepy Doc wrote:I know it ain't a new movie, but it is a great one and one of Clint's best....

Hang 'Em High!

I'll never get tired of watching it. Great cast, good message without being too preachy, excellent period piece. Overall, an outstanding movie.
Yep, they been running Westerns on AMC all day today. Saw that earlier and now Rio Bravo is on.
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

The Wind that Shakes the Barley

This movie is about Ireland after the 1916 Revolutions. When WWI ended England flooded Ireland with combat vets who saw some serious combat, and then told them to put down the rebellion.

The inevitable happened. English troops, and their loyalist allies, the Black and Tans, murdered thousands and burned down homes. It got so bad that a news blackout was ordered and no one outside of Ireland got any official news. It was all rumor and conjecture. Post WWI was a time when the world was attempting to end violence, so the outcry to stop the killing in Ireland forced England to recognize Irish home rule.

This movie is about two brothers who are not part of the rebellion, since they were too young, but after seeing one of their friends beat to death by the Black and Tans, they join up with the local Sinn Fein army. They soon join the IRA and go through trainining in the hills out in the country.

They hit soft targets, and then work their way up to full scale ambushes on columns of British troops.

The movie goes past the time of the treaty, creating the Irish Free State, and then continues into the Irish Civil War, of the Free Staters versus the Republicans. However each brother is on a different side.

I liked it, but hey, I'm Irish. There isn't a lot of explosions, car chases, and no hot sex scenes, but it shows the creation of a guerilla army from the ground up.
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Mirrors was a little creepy but nothing too gory ... except the bathtub scene!
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Traitor was decent. It had a little bit of a twist to the hunt down the terrorist theme. Besides that, it was your typical spy/assassin movie.

Star Wars: Clone Wars was pretty cool.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Went to see Tropical Thunder last night... laughed my ASS off.

Downey Jr. was amazing... very talented actor.

Stiller, was... well... Stiller.

Jack Black made me almost PISS myself...

Nick Nolte was sober long enough to actually pull off some good lines...

The movie was funny. Silly, but funny.

Thumbs up!
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Watching Dr Strangelove right now. George C Scott cracks me up. Slim Pickens is hilarious. :lol:
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
But they'll see the big board!
Well, boys, this is it. Nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Rooskies.
Well boys, we've got three engines out, we've got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio's gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower, why we'd need sleighbells on this thing...but we've got one thing on those Ruskies - at this height, why they might harpoon us, but they dang sure ain't gonna spot us on no radar screen!
One of my favorites!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

Return to “The Mosh Pit”