introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

drew13
Paratrooper

introduction

Post by drew13 »

Hi my name's Andrew, i'm 19 and i graduated highschool in June of '07. I joined the Army in January and signed up with a 68W opt 40 contract. I graduated Basic April 4th and i'm already one month in my AIT at Ft. Sam Houston, Tx. I volunteered to join the Army because its been a goal of mine since i was about 12 and i volunteered to be an Airborne Ranger because i cant stand "slow". Im all about moving fast and with a purpose and being challenged and i think the Rangers will do just that. I chose 68W because i know how usefull a combat medic can be in the field and i want to be there to help that Ranger that needs it so that he can get back into fighting onto the Ranger objective and back into defending the freedom of his country as soon as possible.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

drew13

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome drew13.

ArmyRanger.com recognizes you as a Soldier upon completion of AIT so your intro is in the correct forum. Thank you for your on-going service to our country.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. Life at Ft. Sam will not prepare you for your time at RIP. PT on your own to maintain and/or improve your scores.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting. Heed the advice given you well. You will not be in "RIP" physical condition unless you take it upon yourself. Your goals must be in the nieghborhood of the following minimums: 2 miles in 12 minutes, 80 situps and 80 pushups and a dozen pullups. Good luck to you with luck meaning preparedness meeting opportunity. You have the opportunity, the preparedness part is up to you. Keep us posted on your progress.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Andrew,

Welcome to the site. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
drew13
Paratrooper

Post by drew13 »

Roger that Ranger Bill. These are what my APFT scores look like right now.

2mile-13:00
Push Ups-65
Sit Ups-65

....And i can do 8 pullups.

I get 10-15 min breaks every hour during the week when I'm in class and on those breaks i either do push ups, sit ups, or pull ups. Most of the time i try to do 50 elevated push ups and 50 sit ups every hour and when i get back to the barracks i'll knock out more before i go to bed. As for running, i run on Saturdays and on the days that i dont run for morning PT. I have an APFT test this Tuesday, I'll post with my new results next weekend.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Andrew, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far you seeem to be doing well enough. There are a number of Ranger Medics on the site and I'm sure one will be along to take you in hand. Welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome. PT strong and hard but the most important thing will be to never quit. Reach down for that inner strenght and do it!

Good luck.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Welcome, good luck, and never ever quit what you started!!!
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus

Return to “Introduction Archive”