Another Ranger Poser (I think)

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Your guess is as good as mine. I'd figure that if you have orders airborne school doesn't care. They get fuck heads there all the time that don’t warrant going to school but have orders bringing them anyway. Like bird col. armor fucks that will never ever exit a plane again with anything less than solid ground under foot but go because they are tired of walking around with bald BDU's.

…Just another reason to get rid of badges if you ask me.
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

bustedkidney wrote:
…Just another reason to get rid of badges if you ask me.

The best thing about badges?

I know who to talk to at biker rallies :roll:
RSD 96-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Howd he go from Cav Scout AIT to airborne school with nobody noticing? or are there Airborne Cavscouts?
there are airborne cav scouts. the real question is how he got to RIP before they noticed.

at least they let him stay and Ranger on.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
chavarizle

ranger school

Post by chavarizle »

actually you can go from airborne to RIP then to Ranger school, however it is really rare and really hard to do. I have seen only a few dudes do it, I was in Bn about 5 months and went. But I have heard as few as 2 weeks. They graduate an E-4. Once again it is rare and not a good idea. The soldier has little experience and often is immature compaired to most other Ranger school canadites. Like IOBC dudes and other prior service guys. But this guy is more than likely full of shit. I have not heard of that class and it is pretty easy to find out. 4th RTB keeps all the records of all the Rangers that have gone through.
RLTW!
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: ranger school

Post by cams »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
chavarizle wrote:actually you can go from airborne to RIP then to Ranger school, however it is really rare and really hard to do. I have seen only a few dudes do it, I was in Bn about 5 months and went. But I have heard as few as 2 weeks. They graduate an E-4. Once again it is rare and not a good idea. The soldier has little experience and often is immature compaired to most other Ranger school canadites. Like IOBC dudes and other prior service guys. But this guy is more than likely full of shit. I have not heard of that class and it is pretty easy to find out. 4th RTB keeps all the records of all the Rangers that have gone through.
RLTW!
Dude you are a fucking idiot!!!
Admins help this assmonkey out please. Fix your sig line and go post an intro now.
:lol:
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Wow. This thread is fucking old. :lol: :lol: :lol:
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
spanky
Ranger

Post by spanky »

Actually, there are one or two exceptions to the rule, but I would bet that it applies to officers, and probably old fart officers like me. I went to Airborne School, graduated, signed in to Ranger School 3 days later, graduated, and then got around to going to the OBC course. It all had to do with scheduling the folks that graduated from West Point, and the fact that anybody from West Point that went combat arms was expected to attend Ranger School.
RGR Class 8-78
A Team FIST, HHC, 1/75 80-82 Hunter AAF

An Armed Society is a Polite Society
ranger36203
Embryo

POSER

Post by ranger36203 »

I say take him to the site and tell him to show you his picture, now then you can also ask him about the different phases and locations, now if you go to OSUT and go to airborne school before you graduate you will have an opportunity to volunteer for RIP in the dayroom once you pass you will either go to 1st or 3rd and if there are slots that need to be filled its possible to go as they want 100% qualification at the Ranger BAT. If there are not any slots when you arrive you will have to prove yourself after all Ranger school is a tactical leadership course and not all about blowing shit up you learn to plan, rehearse and lead troops and you must first be a good follower before you can be a good leader.

Rangers Lead the Way!!
Whats up snake eaters class 8-95
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: POSER

Post by Charlie 51 »

ranger36203 wrote:I say take him to the site and tell him to show you his picture, now then you can also ask him about the different phases and locations, now if you go to OSUT and go to airborne school before you graduate you will have an opportunity to volunteer for RIP in the dayroom once you pass you will either go to 1st or 3rd and if there are slots that need to be filled its possible to go as they want 100% qualification at the Ranger BAT. If there are not any slots when you arrive you will have to prove yourself after all Ranger school is a tactical leadership course and not all about blowing shit up you learn to plan, rehearse and lead troops and you must first be a good follower before you can be a good leader.

Rangers Lead the Way!!
Dude, this original post is 4 years old.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
Fishboy
Ranger

Re: POSER

Post by Fishboy »

Charlie 51 wrote:
ranger36203 wrote:I say take him to the site and tell him to show you his picture, now then you can also ask him about the different phases and locations, now if you go to OSUT and go to airborne school before you graduate you will have an opportunity to volunteer for RIP in the dayroom once you pass you will either go to 1st or 3rd and if there are slots that need to be filled its possible to go as they want 100% qualification at the Ranger BAT. If there are not any slots when you arrive you will have to prove yourself after all Ranger school is a tactical leadership course and not all about blowing shit up you learn to plan, rehearse and lead troops and you must first be a good follower before you can be a good leader.

Rangers Lead the Way!!
Dude, this original post is 4 years old.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEN IN DOUBT, SHOOT IT OUT!
Never let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

RS 4-92

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”