Crimson Trace laser grips

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

The same thing happened to me in the store, Ranger Tater Nuts.

I still like the idea though, so I'm going to try out the type that replaces the guide rod. That should be easy enough for 1911s and Glocks, anyway.

I want to see how the on/off switch works, though.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

I for one, am not a fan of lasers on pistols at all. On a subgun, ok... but, a handgun, nope.

I have seen some guys on our Friday night fun matches come out with lasers, and they shoot HORRIBLY. They get so focused on the "dot" that they actually slow down.

A good set of traditional sights, that you are comfortable with, seem to work very well.

But, if lasers are your thing... train with them. Alot.

That's just my piddly .02 on the subject... and my .02 ain't worth the time it took to type it. :wink:
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

I have a cheap-O that I use for practice. Using a snap cap I practice trigger pull and holding the sights on target... the laser lets me know if I fucking up.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

McD wrote:I have a cheap-O that I use for practice. Using a snap cap I practice trigger pull and holding the sights on target... the laser lets me know if I fucking up.
That sounds like a good use for them... but, actually shooing FAST with them, I have yet to see someone that can do it well. On a sub gun, they can be a useful tool...

Again, just my opinion. I am very far from an expert, that's for sure. They are intimidating, to some people though. 8)
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Weapons of War”