Any Batt SL or TL here?

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
greensoldier87
Embryo

Any Batt SL or TL here?

Post by greensoldier87 »

Any Batt SL or TL or RIP cadre, I was wondering if it would be better to show up to Batt with my tab already, also from the cadre side of the house, would I be overlooked in RIP because Im not brand new material?
B co, 1-2 SCR (formerly Bco 1-5 INF reflagged)
dec 05- present
SDM, AG, 240 gunner and TL
Invictus
Ranger

Re: Any Batt SL or TL here?

Post by Invictus »

greensoldier87 wrote:Any Batt SL or TL or RIP cadre, I was wondering if it would be better to show up to Batt with my tab already, also from the cadre side of the house, would I be overlooked in RIP because Im not brand new material?
OK bud, you're fixing to piss me off. You've already asked this question at least once in another area. Quite a few people, including myself, took the time to answer your question.

Now it's time for you to grab your balls and make a command decision.

Overlooked in RIP? What does that mean? And quite frankly, why do you care. Here's all you should care about....the fastest way to get to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Period.
Once you make it thru the gate, nothing else matters anyway.
soldiersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by soldiersdad »

Hi, Odds are against youmaking it anyway. There were 3 Ranger Tabs and 2 Special Forces Tabs in my sons class and 1 out of the 5 made it to Bn. Doesn't matter what you have on your sleeve, if you keep your mouth shut, give everythign 110% and stay out of trouble there is a slight possibility you MIGHT make it. Seems like your hopeing to hear that if yo wear the tab or combat unit patch they will be easier on you, I don't think so Many have come thru this board with an Optioo 40 but very very few make it to the other side. You have more of a challenge ahead you than you really know.
greensoldier87
Embryo

Post by greensoldier87 »

I honestly am just trying to see if there is anything that will help my chances in RIP. Im going to be giving my best and I will be in that regiment if it kills me they better drag my corpse to it. Ive made the command decision. Going to RIP after this deployment thanks for the help see you there.
B co, 1-2 SCR (formerly Bco 1-5 INF reflagged)
dec 05- present
SDM, AG, 240 gunner and TL
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

greensoldier87 wrote:I honestly am just trying to see if there is anything that will help my chances in RIP. Im going to be giving my best and I will be in that regiment if it kills me they better drag my corpse to it. Ive made the command decision. Going to RIP after this deployment thanks for the help see you there.
Here is some of the best advice you will ever receive about what to help your chances at RIP and what to expect once you get there.
All the advice you need, and more than myself or 90% of the Rangers on this site ever received is contained in these two posts.

viewtopic.php?t=21739

viewtopic.php?t=24058

oh, and whatever you are doing for PT? It's not enough.
Someone here was just recently given this advice. I think it's golden.

Return to “About RASP”