Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

CornelyJ6er
Egg

Post by CornelyJ6er »

First off thanks all Rangers from welcoming me to your site.

Ranger513 -
Your Post has been printed and posted on my recently purchased pull-up bar to remind me to get big and kill.
Can I be your apprentice? I want and will achieve the award and the way of life.
To your contact sport question. In high school I played two years of football(JV). Four years of Lacrosse, Cross country, and Track. Was an Eagle Scout and a Silver Knight nominee.

Ranger Oto-man -
I have read the Ranger Hand Book. Purchased it from Amazon for about ten bucks shipped. Kinda a hard read because it is made as an infield resource and ease of looking up information. It might just be the version I got. (small, white, bound on top). Is there a different version?

Ranger Joseph Pretty DeepWater -
Thank you. You have recommended my next two reading books.
No Excuse Leadership and A more Elite Solider.

I have also read
-Flags of Our Fathers.
-The Last Days of Patton.
-Road to Unafraid (by far my favorite)
-The Coveted BLACK AND GOLD. JD Lock.
-A rumor of War. Caputo.
-Chosen Soldier. Couch.
-A Civilian's Guide to the U.S. Military
-Special Ops Workout.
-Get Selected for Special Forces.

Plus a countless number of American History,fitness (running) books and a plethora of books for classes from Physics Two all the way to African Culture and Transformation of American effects of Indigenously Credited Peoples.
(Do Not worry I'm not Liberal nor do I have an unspoken Liberal agenda. I hate Hillary Clinton just as much as you.)
College kids tend to have time to read and go to the gym so I very much take full advantage of this. When I went to high school I had a full-time job and ran full time. So I will always take advantage of any so called "free-time".

Tricycles have three wheels... :D
In need of a mentor....

-dude when did you get a mole on you neck?
"that is a tick...."
"maybe it got its name cause it kinda tick'les?"

Vote Chuck Norris... Cause when he does a push up. He isn't pushing up. He is pushing the world down.
CornelyJ6er
Egg

Post by CornelyJ6er »

10k(6.213 m.) in 43:50.... 7:03.2 mile splits.
:arrow: Just letting you know I'm not a internet liar.
In need of a mentor....

-dude when did you get a mole on you neck?
"that is a tick...."
"maybe it got its name cause it kinda tick'les?"

Vote Chuck Norris... Cause when he does a push up. He isn't pushing up. He is pushing the world down.
Signa Inferemus
Ranger

Bleh

Post by Signa Inferemus »

The Coveted Back and Gold - read it right before I made the pilgrimage. During techniques in Mountains, I was like, holy shit --- tired men 30 years ago were hurling themslves down this VERY cliff ... was a good vicarious read
167IN ALARNG (2003-Present)
WTC PRC 07-07
RS 08-07
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

CornelyJ6er wrote:Image
10k(6.213 m.) in 43:50.... 7:03.2 mile splits.
:arrow: Just letting you know I'm not a internet liar.
This proves two things...

Jack and shit.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

While you are in excellent cardio condition, you need to work on your upper body strenght and endurance.

Start elevating your feet on a chair and do 25 Pushups every hour. Make sure your chest touches the ground. This will slowly get you used to it and before you know it you'll have no problems doing them with your feet elevated. From there you can increase the repetitions, frequency and duration.

Your situps can be improved with a variety of exercises. I suggest your start doing a search on this website. There are two former Rangers here on this board who are de facto fitness gurus. If you look hard enough you will find their threads on this board.

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com!

Return to “Introduction Archive”