Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Stauds
Embryo

Post by Stauds »

Rangers, here’s another update:

I spent September and October doing the Brigade Training Exercise, doing a lot of live-fire ranges with the tankers, engineers, guns and of course us Patricias. Those ranges were the best part of the two months we spent in the shit-hole called Wainwright AB. Most of the time I spent crammed into the LAVIII turret, a very different job than I could have ever imagined when I signed up. After completing all the 24 hour attacks and the battle group assault, we had our maintenance time and that’s where we brushed up on a lot of random training for a couple weeks. We finished off with the two week Ex Maple Guardian, where we used the WES gear. Anyone who has used it before can probably agree on how unrealistic it is, but nonetheless we spent two weeks going through scenarios, establishing FOBs, conducting patrols through villages, and all manner of “realistic scenarios one can expect in Afghanistanâ€
You do not greet Death. You punch Him in the throat repeatedly as He drags you away.

Train to fight, fight to win.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Good to hear that you're still kicking it. Be safe and keep the updates coming in.
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

[quote="Stauds"]Rangers, here’s another update:

I spent September and October doing the Brigade Training Exercise, doing a lot of live-fire ranges with the tankers, engineers, guns and of course us Patricias. Those ranges were the best part of the two months we spent in the shit-hole called Wainwright AB. Most of the time I spent crammed into the LAVIII turret, a very different job than I could have ever imagined when I signed up. After completing all the 24 hour attacks and the battle group assault, we had our maintenance time and that’s where we brushed up on a lot of random training for a couple weeks. We finished off with the two week Ex Maple Guardian, where we used the WES gear. Anyone who has used it before can probably agree on how unrealistic it is, but nonetheless we spent two weeks going through scenarios, establishing FOBs, conducting patrols through villages, and all manner of “realistic scenarios one can expect in Afghanistanâ€
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Stay Safe!
You do not greet Death. You punch Him in the throat repeatedly as He drags you away.
That's good shit right there.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

Return to “Introduction Archive”