Lions for Lambs

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Roach66
Inprocessing

Post by Roach66 »

x2 ANGRY on this film as a talking point for HS students (provided the discussion is on Civics and not cinema).

The screenplay, the acting, the production values were all GTG, as is to be expected from a film with this cast and crew.

I agree, the "fade to black" ending and unresolved plot lines were clearly meant to be a non too subtle call to action for anyone in the audience who is still sitting apathetically on their ass not knowing what to do because they haven't been told what to do.

Well, for 90+ min this film lets any such person know that it's time for action. It's now or never to change all the shit that the film explains is fucked up.
The same shit anyone who goes to see this movie and not "SAW IV" already knows is fucked up. And that half of the people watching "SAW IV" already knows is fucked up, but decided people getting killed would be a better date movie.

As such, this film might make a marginal dent in the political awareness of HS students who haven't been paying attention to anything going on the last 6 years. But there in lies the rub; if they haven't, they are the "other" half of the audience watching "SAW IV"... The half that won't give a shit anyway, no matter how many celebrities point their fingers at them in admonishment.

Which is what this film is really, a political rant guised as a movie, one step down from just having celebrities look at the camera and give speeches for 90 min.

While that may be a more honest approach, I understand why they didn't, since admittedly I wouldn't have sat through that movie for 90min without saying STFU out loud.
RLTW
9-87, No Slack Sierra
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Something else I was thinking about...HS kids are not going to go see this movie, and therefore, will not receive the message.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

It has Tom Cruise in it, therefor I won't be seeing it.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

RangerX wrote:It has Tom Cruise in it, therefor I won't be seeing it.
After this, Streep as well.

Another Idiot in hollywood

She can't even answer the question in real life. What an airhead.

:roll:
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Wife beating...WTF. She gets paid to be a Bi-pedal parrot and she has the same intellectual abilities.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Silverback wrote:Wife beating...WTF. She gets paid to be a Bi-pedal parrot and she has the same intellectual abilities.
Parrots also have only two feet. But they are nicer to look at.

Edit-

After watching it, and nearly throat-punching my laptop when I saw TC, I have to say she is doing a fine job of being an oxygen thief.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

RangerX wrote:
Silverback wrote:Wife beating...WTF. She gets paid to be a Bi-pedal parrot and she has the same intellectual abilities.
Parrots also have only two feet. But they are nicer to look at.

Edit-

After watching it, and nearly throat-punching my laptop when I saw TC, I have to say she is doing a fine job of being an oxygen thief.
Well...I wasn't thinking. Birds are "Bipedal" by definition, so that is what I get for trying to be a smart guy!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Why the hell would anyone want to contribute to those lunkheads in Hollywood when you can get all the entertainment here you can take. I have to leave every once in a while because my sides hurt from laughing so hard.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Sometime ago I quit giving money to Hollywood for the fact that fucking pretty boy shit for brains people like Tom Cruise get a piece of it. While I am sure he is an intellectual giant far above the crowd of knuckle draggers I associate with...I hope he dies with his dick stuck in a goats ass and the media taking pictures. But what do I know...the media would probably say he was helping farm animals.....
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

centermass wrote:
RangerX wrote:It has Tom Cruise in it, therefor I won't be seeing it.
After this, Streep as well.

Another Idiot in hollywood

She can't even answer the question in real life. What an airhead.

:roll:
That was pathetic. It just goes to show that unless they have someone writing their lines for the interview, they have absolutely no way of making it through any amount of conversation without showing how banal they really are.

It is sad that the media promotes the ignorance of these celebrities and gives them a platform to voice their bullshit to millions of our households.

"Do you want to win the GWOT?" In how many ways can you possibly answer that question? Fuck Meryl Streep.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Abell9 wrote:Sometime ago I quit giving money to Hollywood for the fact that fucking pretty boy shit for brains people like Tom Cruise get a piece of it. While I am sure he is an intellectual giant far above the crowd of knuckle draggers I associate with...I hope he dies with his dick stuck in a goats ass and the media taking pictures. But what do I know...the media would probably say he was helping farm animals.....
I wouldn't wish that on a goat.

Wolverine....badger....Hillary Clinton....but not a goat.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I like movies, I like going to the movies; it's just something I've been doing since I was a little kid with my Dad. I don't like most of these fucks, but they do what they were born to do, entertain me. I don't typically watch these intellectual, political, I have a message movies because they're always tainted with some actor's/director's views. Who gives a fuck what some no-better-than-a-court jester thinks? It's like that pre-movie silence your phone thing with Forest Whitiker, talking about take a moment to listen...blah, blah, blah...STFU Ghost Dog!

I don't want to give these pukes money, but I also don't want to stop doing something that I've been doing for longer than some of these turds have been floating around. Fuck them. Any real American, or human for that matter, wouldn't pay any attention to anything these turds spew forth that wasn't written by someone else.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I like movies, I like going to the movies; it's just something I've been doing since I was a little kid with my Dad. I don't like most of these fucks, but they do what they were born to do, entertain me. I don't typically watch these intellectual, political, I have a message movies because they're always tainted with some actor's/director's views. Who gives a fuck what some no-better-than-a-court jester thinks? It's like that pre-movie silence your phone thing with Forest Whitiker, talking about take a moment to listen...blah, blah, blah...STFU Ghost Dog!

I don't want to give these pukes money, but I also don't want to stop doing something that I've been doing for longer than some of these turds have been floating around. Fuck them. Any real American, or human for that matter, wouldn't pay any attention to anything these turds spew forth that wasn't written by someone else.
Another argument for Internet Piracy!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”