Veteran's Day 2007

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

gunsmittys
Paratrooper

Veteran's Day 2007

Post by gunsmittys »

Yesterday was the Veteran's Day Parade here in Pittsburgh, as I am sure many other cities had them too. Because of the huge veteran's population we have--the 'burgh is in the top 5 cities/.counties in the US, it is a major event. The turn out of veterans and those currently serving is awesome.

This year as I was driving to work, at one of our three VA Hospitals here in the 'burgh the host on KDKA was railing about the number of Veteran's Hospitals and National Cemetaries. He supports we the troops but can't figure out how we need to fill all these plots with soldiers "killed" in action. From the way he sounded every man or woman who wears the uniform dies in combat. I guess he fails to realize that many will never see a day in combat and still earn the title VETERAN.

Then he rambled about it being the Congress who gets all of us killed and how we are illegally deployed in harms way and only Ron Paul understands this. Followed by the required he does support we the troops and Veterans.

Makes one sit and ponder if anyone really appreciates the freedoms that those of us who wore or are still wearing a uniform earned for them, ourselves and future generations.

My hat's off to all how have or do wear the uniform. TO those whose family members are serving in harms way may God and their fellow soldiers grant them all a safe return home.

Happy Veteran's Day to all, your service, commitment and dedication to our Republic and your fellow soldiers is appreciated.

God Speed, watch your asses.
I am getting older, but refuse to grow up

911th SPS 01/81-10/83
1/94 FA 01/84-05/84--dad died
USMEPCOM 05/84-09/85
18th Abn Cps 10/85-9/87
Still serving today working for the VA
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

I saw a great commercial today with Lee Eremy (sp?) He basically said that no matter where you stand on the war, we should all agree on one thing; the way we treat our veterans.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi

Return to “The Mosh Pit”