Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Tenn-RGR wrote:Going to see Halloween tonight, reviews to follow. :wink:

EDIT: Just got back....It is bad ass. Michael Myers is an evil twisted dude, and now I see why. Another good horror movie by Rob Zombie and his crew of regulars. I dont know who they got to play the older Myers in this one, but the dude is huge!!It follows the standard Halloween story line very well, including the eerie piano music. You get to see where the mask comes from too. :lol:
Good movie, I'd see it again. :wink:
I saw it last night and it was good. Can you believe parents brought their children to see this? haha! I can't wait for kids to start using the term 'skull fuck' in elementary school.

Also saw Death Sentance, with Kevin Bacon. It was good. He becomes a bad motherfucker with that coach gun.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

The new Star Trek movie will be out early next year.
It is being set up as a 'prequel' to the original 60's TV series
with a young Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, et all.... Image

Star Trek Geeks Click Here... 8)
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortenson is badass. Great story, good acting.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

CatFish Driver wrote:Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortenson is badass. Great story, good acting.
Agreed, all except for the full frontal... I didn't need that.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

RTO wrote:The new Star Trek movie will be out early next year.
It is being set up as a 'prequel' to the original 60's TV series
with a young Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, et all.... Image

Star Trek Geeks Click Here... 8)
The Prequel series, Enterprise, with Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock was good. The other two Star Trek series and all the movies suck balls.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

j.rico wrote:
CatFish Driver wrote:Eastern Promises with Viggo Mortenson is badass. Great story, good acting.
Agreed, all except for the full frontal... I didn't need that.
Good point.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Rented Bugs as I thought it was a scifi flick. Nothing of the kind. Just two people going crazy. Zero entertainment value.
Last edited by Flesh Thorn on October 30th, 2007, 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Flesh Thorn wrote:Rented Bugs as I thought it was a scifi flick. Nothing of the Kind. Just to people going crazy. Zero entertainment value.
I thought about renting that one, but when I got to the counter, the cashier said "I'll let you take it home free". My comment was, "Why?". She said, "the movie is so bad that you'll regret it. If you still want to rent it, I'll let you have it for free".

We obviously passed on the rental (free or otherwise). If somebody behind the counter tells you it sucks that bad, they're prolly right. :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

I went to see SAW IV last weekend it was an AWESOME movie!!! I’ve loved horror movies for a long time and I’ve seen many…but this is the very first movie I’ve seen that almost made me vomit. :lol: :lol:

A few teenagers snuck in half way through the movie – they only lasted about 10 minutes. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can’t wait to see the next one.
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I saw The Kingdom a week or two ago. I though it was good, especially when Jenifer Garner and that Baxter kid were fighting for their lives. The end pissed me off...

Anyone wanting to see that Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My, or whatever the fuck that Robert Redford movie is called?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

ANGRYCivilian wrote:I saw The Kingdom a week or two ago. I though it was good, especially when Jenifer Garner and that Baxter kid were fighting for their lives. The end pissed me off...

Anyone wanting to see that Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My, or whatever the fuck that Robert Redford movie is called?
I was watching Leno last night and he talked a lot about it (since cruise was a guest) and from what I can tell the whole premise is about a sparing match between a young Republican Senator (cruise) and a liberal reporter (Streep). I was going to go see it today, but I'm afraid of the whole thing being a platform to make a statement toward the left. More than likely I'll wait until I can rent it and watch it at home.

Edited to add: I should specify, the film comes out 9 November, but they're doing a special sneak preview today.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

-William Wallace
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Looks good, but these days I'll watch anything with Morgan Freeman.

http://www.wantedmovie.com/

Film's called WANTED
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

-William Wallace
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

j.rico wrote:Looks good, but these days I'll watch anything with Morgan Freeman.

http://www.wantedmovie.com/

Film's called WANTED
Looks good... but, cant SOMEONE make a more realistic film please??? I mean, come on. You can still have all the blow em up action shit you like... but, at least give the actors / acresses some training on how to hold a gun, the physics behind it, and what they really can and cant do?

Then I guess it wouldn't be a "blockbuster" or over the top Hollywood.

Angelina Jolie? Get real. She doesn't have enough strength to even HOLD a 1911... let alone fire one quickly and accurately... did you see how much finger she had in the trigger well?

I really want to like movies like this... but, I find myself dissecting them more and more. If I could just take them for what they are, and enjoy them....

Anyone else have my problem?
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Fracture... with Anthony Hopkins. Rented it last night... very good movie.

One of the better that I have seen in a long time... I recommend it.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

GSXRanger wrote: Anyone else have my problem?
Yep. That's why I stick to other-worldly horror, scifi, and vigilanty justice.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

Return to “The Mosh Pit”