EIB

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
CJ
Embryo

EIB

Post by CJ »

About how long is it before soldiers in the regiment test for their EIB?
Bell

Post by Bell »

You earn the EIB in AIT and are tested every year thereafter no matter which unit you go to as long as you are 11B.

RLTW
Bell
Looon
Ranger

EIB

Post by Looon »

THINGS MUST HAVE CHANGED SINCE I WAS IN. EIB TRAINING AND QUALIFICATION SHOULDN'T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL SOME TIME AFTER YOU ENTER BATT. I EARNED MY EIB SOMETIME IN MY FIRST YR IN 3RD BATT.

RANGERS DO, AND WILL ALWAYS LEAD THE WAY!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Same here, Ranger Luna....when I was in, it wasn't offered until you'd been in Bat for over a year. Then, the EIB 'Cadre" made it nearly impossible for anyone to pass. I guess they figured the fewer number who had an EIB, the better they looked.

They only offered it once while I was in. There was only ONE guy in the entire Battalion, who received all GOs up to the final event (road march). He was a fookin STUD.

For some strange reason, he had a heat stroke about halfway through the march....continued the second half, crossed the finish line in the allotted time, and dropped dead.

Medics worked on him for quite awhile, then called an ambulance. The ambulance personnel worked and worked on him. Eventually, they 'shocked' him. No luck. Shocked him a second time....same. Finally, on the third round, they brought him back.

He was immediatelygiven a NoGo for the entire EIB School (he never cleared his empty weapon before dying). They put the papers in the next day to boot him out of Battalion for being a 'pussy.'

I never agreed with that decision. The guy was one of the best Rangers I ever met...just had something wrong that day of the march. I think it could've happened to anybody. He certainly didn't quit.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

What is an EIB?
Bell

Post by Bell »

Expert Infantry Badge.

RLTW
Bell
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

Well if the ranger that EP was talking about failed to receive it, why was he booted from his battalion?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

RafterMan wrote:Well if the ranger that EP was talking about failed to receive it, why was he booted from his battalion?
The NCO's felt that since he had a heat stroke during a roadmarch, he was a "pussy," hence not battalion material.

Having an EIB really has nothing to do with staying in battalion. A person can be 'DXed' at any time for poor performance, poor attitude, or whatever other reason his leaders deem worthy.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RafterMan
Tadpole

Post by RafterMan »

I see.. tough break for that guy.
rbarger
Ranger

Post by rbarger »

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that you do not receive an EIB while in AIT. EIB testing depends on what the training schedule is. I think they plan it about once every year and a half.
B. Co. 3/75 88-92
RIP Det. 75th Regt. 92-93
C. Co. 3/75 93-95
Rgr_MindRiot

Post by Rgr_MindRiot »

Thought the EIB test was easy. The one station that seems to trip most people up was "Range Estimation". Being a squared away, experience, handsome, born again hard, intellegent, steelyeyed, did i say handsome already....11C1R, i flew through the test with no problem. Lots of brothers with CIB now days and i know they dam sure earned it. :twisted:
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

ahhh remember shift from a known point.....was always great when you had to do two shifts to the right or left......putting the reticle in the binos on the same spot on the same exact tree as you shifted was a mother.....but you know what got me my only nogo was the friggen LAW......I went through it so fast because there is nothing too it until your little head glace back is not big enough for the instructor to see. lets just say I over exaggerated my second head turn to check my back blast area.
RangerDC

EIB and AIT

Post by RangerDC »

Bell,

Man are you sure about testing for your EIB in AIT? I don't know anyone that tested in AIT. I tested after being in Bn. for about 5 months. Things could have changed...Plavney, what do you know about this?
Sniper

Post by Sniper »

Hey Plavney , at least you didnt get a nogo on a LAW like I did. I would rather be a nogo on a claymore then a law any day , you should have seen my TL face when I told him on what staion I got my only nogo . I had to carry a dummy law around the whole time for a month.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”