Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

I say find another recruiter..

Unless I'm wrong, thats a misdemeanor.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Keep trying

Post by fatart »

I am a recruiter. Go 11B with an Airborne option, don't get wrapped around the axle about an Option 40, I went through training with plenty of jackasses who had an option 40 contract and then quit first day of RIP. MEPs is designed to put you in based on THEIR needs not yours, go to Benning and knock on that Ranger door and don't leave until they say they don't need or want you. Lots of guys made it to Bn in the "non-traditional" way!
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"
Rico
Ranger

Re: Keep trying

Post by Rico »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
fatart wrote:I am a recruiter. Go 11B with an Airborne option, don't get wrapped around the axle about an Option 40, I went through training with plenty of jackasses who had an option 40 contract and then quit first day of RIP. MEPs is designed to put you in based on THEIR needs not yours, go to Benning and knock on that Ranger door and don't leave until they say they don't need or want you. Lots of guys made it to Bn in the "non-traditional" way!
Are you volunteering to be our new resident recruiter then?
Yes, we're in need of a resident expert.

Could that be you???
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Keep trying

Post by Steadfast »

j.rico wrote:
Tenn-RGR wrote:
fatart wrote:I am a recruiter. Go 11B with an Airborne option, don't get wrapped around the axle about an Option 40, I went through training with plenty of jackasses who had an option 40 contract and then quit first day of RIP. MEPs is designed to put you in based on THEIR needs not yours, go to Benning and knock on that Ranger door and don't leave until they say they don't need or want you. Lots of guys made it to Bn in the "non-traditional" way!
Are you volunteering to be our new resident recruiter then?
Yes, we're in need of a resident expert.

Could that be you???
Just pull Ranger fatart out of his chair and make him sit alongside of you.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
fatart
Ranger

Sure

Post by fatart »

I recruit for the Oregon National Guard, but I'll be more than happy to answer some questions. I'm not a recruiter for the active component, but I know how MEPs operates and those cats are the Blue Falcon Force. What I am saying is that (as any RIP gradute will attest to) RIP has a VERY high drop out (quit?) rate, The Ranger liasion WILL do his best to square a sharp trooper away, if someone actually follows up on what needs to be done. In '05 an old buddy of mine contacted me and told me that his son had wanted an AbnRanger contract, but did not get one, I was down at Benning at the time working with the NG PRC, I picked up a volunteer form, went down to his BCT had the kid sign it and took it back to the liasion, after Abn school the kid went to RIP. You all know how the Green Machine operates, plenty of Joe's get lost in the shuffle. It's just a matter of pursuing what you want and not being afraid of taking no for an answer. The active duty MEPs does not even start an enlistment contract option until the kid sits down with a counselor at MEPs, the AC recruiters are nothing more than a contact and a ride to MEPs. At MEPs tell them to pound it (if you qualify) until you get a Ranger contract! Go across the hall and speak to the National Guard counselor, they will tell you you can't do that, but YOU ARE A CIVILIAN!!!!!!!! You can do whatever you want! They will shit you a Ranger contract, right now the military needs spoons, truck drivers, fuel pumpers and engineers...that is what they will offer you! As "nice" as your recruiter is he is NOT your friend...he is trying to "roll a bone" this is your life, tell them point blank give me a Ranger contract or take me home! I know is difficult for a seventeen year old kid to not be intimidated, I know I was when I went to MEPs and I got boned! Bottom line if you are not "qualified" got 11B/11C/13F with an Abn option, get to Benning and square yourself away, don't be a jackass and "demand" shit, just find a Ranger who is willing to listen and ask to be given a chance. Rangers are the biggest Blue Falcons to other Rangers, but will give the shirt's off thier backs to help someone who is respectful and honest the same chance and opportunity they've had (they also like to show off thier shaved bodies [1st BN] and cool tattoos!) DO IT!
2/75th '91-'99
RS 5-93

"Cookie...?"

Return to “Introduction Archive”