Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Welcome.

Its not wrong to fight. The key is to know WHEN to fight.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

j.rico wrote:Once you secure your Opt 40 contract, you'd do well to look at getting a mentor. When that time comes we'll get you squared away.

I do have a question though, how old are those scores you posted?
Thank you Ranger J.Rico.

About 2 weeks old. I'll get new scores.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Introduction

Post by Lefty »

Stick with it kid, and hang tough. Seven times seven, never ever quit.

Good attitude in the face of opposition.

Worst thing anyone ever could say to me was "you couldn't possibly do that", cuz I would darn near kill my self trying to do it.

Sounds like you might be like that.

Will watch to see how you do.

RLTW Lefty
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
Dylan_John
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Dylan_John »

Lefty wrote:Stick with it kid, and hang tough. Seven times seven, never ever quit.

Good attitude in the face of opposition.

Worst thing anyone ever could say to me was "you couldn't possibly do that", cuz I would darn near kill my self trying to do it.

Sounds like you might be like that.

Will watch to see how you do.

RLTW Lefty
Thank you Ranger Lefty. I'm doing my best and pushing hard. I'm either going to do this or die running.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I don't welcome most DEPs to the board because most of the little fuckers come and go and don't have the heart to make it in the first place. You sound like an exception.....good luck in your quest!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

Slowpoke wrote:I don't welcome most DEPs to the board because most of the little fuckers come and go and don't have the heart to make it in the first place. You sound like an exception.....good luck in your quest!
I'm honored Ranger Slowpoke. Thank you.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

I'd like to see some current scores by Monday, 27 August. Let me know if this is and issue.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

j.rico wrote:I'd like to see some current scores by Monday, 27 August. Let me know if this is and issue.
Not a problem at all Ranger J.Rico. I'll time myself today or Sunday.
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Welcome here.

Read much, post little, and we should be able to help you get squared away...
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Dylan,
A man has only one opportunity to create a favorable initial impression. Thus far you seem to be a success. If your intention is to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right place. Please read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Almost every question you might have has already been answered. Use the search feature to explore on your own. Continue to work on your PT. When you are assigned a task, you are expected to complete that task by the suspense you are assigned. Never, never quit! Oh, yeah; welcome...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

Sorry I took so long Ranger J.Rico and Ranger JLTW!!!

2 Mile : 13:33
Push Up's: 72
Sit Up's: 80.

I'm not going to post an escuse even though I have one. I'm sorry for being slow as shit.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Dylan_John wrote:Sorry I took so long Ranger J.Rico and Ranger JLTW!!!

2 Mile : 13:33
Push Up's: 72
Sit Up's: 80.

I'm not going to post an escuse even though I have one. I'm sorry for being slow as shit.
Outwardly proclaiming that you're not using an excuse while at the same time saying you have one is a bit of an oxymoron (REF: Above quote in bold).
Dylan_John wrote:
j.rico wrote:I'd like to see some current scores by Monday, 27 August. Let me know if this is and issue.
Not a problem at all Ranger J.Rico. I'll time myself today or Sunday.
I asked whether or not it would be a problem getting scores so soon and you said it wouldn't be (REF: Above quotes in bold).

As Ranger JIM says, first impressions are lasting ones. I won't belabor the point except to say that time management is a neccessity.
JIM wrote:When you are assigned a task, you are expected to complete that task by the suspense you are assigned.
In this case, you made the time hack. I didn't specify a time for completion, only a date. I wanted to see if you would wait until the last minute, or get on the assignment right away.

Your scores are really pretty good. There's room for improvement, but as always, there's room for improvement. I'd like to know what kind of program you've been working out with. Please give us a rundown of what you've been doing and for how long by 2000 tomorrow evening (that's 2000 on the 29th of August).
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace

Return to “Introduction Archive”