Movie Reviews

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

cams wrote:
ANGRYCivilian wrote:
cams wrote: Much more realistic than I thought they would present it, as far as the military advising.

I just bought Season 1, Season 2 and Season 2.5 couple weeks ago, been hooked up watching them any chance I get. The asian cylon chic is fucking hot! 8) :lol:
It's so much better than the old series. Of course, time, technology, and targeted demographic have a lot to do with it.
Roger that. And the asian cylon chic is fucking hot! :lol:
I actually got in to this series as well, but like most series, once I watched the first episode I had to watch the rest. So, like you, I went out and bought all that were available.
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

Cliv03 wrote:Christ.. :roll: :roll: You guys sound like Trekkie's. :roll: :roll: :lol:
Hater. 8)
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Cliv03 wrote:Christ.. :roll: :roll: You guys sound like Trekkie's. :roll: :roll: :lol:
I know you've been to a convention or two...

You're a "non-trekky-poser" :twisted: :D :D :D
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Watching 28 Weeks Later on the internet right now. I always did like zombie / apocalyptic movies.

This UK actress is hot!
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Anouar wrote:Das Leben Der Anderen (The Lives of Others): really good movie depicting the social control that the Stasi exercised in the former East Germany.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/

Really enjoyed it!
Sounds like an interesting movie.

Is it english subtitles that needs to be read or did they run an english translation audio track?
Bikkstah
Embryo

Post by Bikkstah »

Getting into Rome right now, the one from HBO, anyone else a fan? Really bloody at times, I like it. Season 1 and 2 are out and done for and on DVD already.
1/125th INF, 37th IBCT, 38th ID (ARNG) - '06-Present
Cat
Tadpole

Post by Cat »

Rented Perfect Strangers.

Hallie Berry and Bruce Wills were great together. Good flick..
U.S. Army Signal Corps, 31M7A/31S
385th SigCo (FWD) Kuwait Jan 94- Dec 94
235th(67th) TACSAT Ft Gordon, GA. 95-97
--
Mainz-Kastel, Germany 98-00, AD Dept
Ft Bragg 00-02, AD Dept
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

Bikkstah wrote:Getting into Rome right now, the one from HBO, anyone else a fan? Really bloody at times, I like it. Season 1 and 2 are out and done for and on DVD already.
I got into it in the last two seasons, the story lines only get better / bloodier. Plus the asian cylon chick is fucking hot!!!! :wink:
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

swagger wrote:
Bikkstah wrote:Getting into Rome right now, the one from HBO, anyone else a fan? Really bloody at times, I like it. Season 1 and 2 are out and done for and on DVD already.
I got into it in the last two seasons, the story lines only get better / bloodier. Plus the asian cylon chick is fucking hot!!!! :wink:
:D :D :D
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Old Grunt wrote: Has anybody seen "The Good Shepherd?"
Not much action; no car chases, machine gun fights, or ninja jumping scenses, but a very intense story line.
I'm not really much of a Matt Damon fan, but I'll give him credit on this one. He says more by not saying anything than many actors could say with two pages of dialogue. That's good acting.
I am a fan of his work, but I heard bad reviews on this one, and wasn't too interested. Ended up checking it out anyway and found it very, very good. I came away being even more impressed with him.

Got me to thinking about how good a movie about the origins of the OSS would be...
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Old Grunt wrote:Fred Saberhagen
Now, there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. My favorite books as a kid were the Books of Lost Swords.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “The Mosh Pit”