Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Dylan_John
Embryo

Introduction

Post by Dylan_John »

Hello Rangers and Veterans,

My name is Dylan and I'm currently 18 years old. I've harbored this dream for many years. I've been working on getting in shape for about a year and I feel that I'm ready. I still have a little school to finish but I'm going to MEP's sometime soon. I scored a 93 on my asvab. My parents are completely unsupportive of my dream at the moment but I'm pushing on. My girlfriend is in the same boat as them. I only really have 2 things worrying me. The first is something that happened in school last year. My baby cousin Nina had gotten jumped a few weeks before this incident. I'm pretty well known in my neighborhood everyone know's me and my family so we're usually left alone. Everyone in school knew I was looking for the kids that jumped my cousin ( they broke her nose, jaw and stole alot of her stuff ). During lunch 3 kids approached me and one of them shoved me and told me that he had done it. I didn't hesitate I swung and a huge fight broke out. All of my people jumped in and it turned into a huge brawl. They tried to pin alot of stuff on me Insighting a Riot, Assault, Race Riots and things like that. All of the charges were dropped and stuff like that. I feel that I was in the right to this day. The law agreed with me. My other concern is that I broke 3 fingers on my right hand playing football. No damage or anything like that.

I appreciate you reading my freaking book of an intro Rangers. Thank you.

I noticed alot of the other guys posted their times. Here's mine.

2 Mile : 14:23
Push Up's: 58
Sit Up's: 77
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Welcome Dylan_John,

PM inbound
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

It may not be as bad as you think, but I'll let the others who follow me rip you a new butthole for being stupid enough for getting the Law involved in your fistfight.

I'll simply welcome you here and thank you for your desire to serve our great country as an Army Ranger.

I hope it all works out for you.

Your PT is average, work especiallly on that run time.
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

RTO wrote:It may not be as bad as you think, but I'll let the others who follow me rip you a new butthole for being stupid enough for getting the Law involved in your fistfight.

I'll simply welcome you here and thank you for your desire to serve our great country as an Army Ranger.

I hope it all works out for you.

Your PT is average, work especiallly on that run time.
Thank you Ranger.

I know I was dumb as shit but family is family.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and thank you for your interest in Army Rangers. If your fingers work and have no metal in them, you should be good to go. Make your own choices in life, and joining the Brotherhood of Rangers is the best choice any man can make.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Damn skippy. Family IS family. Oficially I'm not going to say you did the right thing, but in the same situation I would most probabbly have done the same thing.

Good Luck on your dreams. There is lot's of great advice here if you will learn how to access the info posted and learn how to gain wisdom from the Rangers on this site.
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

Ranger Bill wrote:Welcome and thank you for your interest in Army Rangers. If your fingers work and have no metal in them, you should be good to go. Make your own choices in life, and joining the Brotherhood of Rangers is the best choice any man can make.
Thank you Ranger.

No metal and they all work fine. They even look normal. It's good to talk to people that think being a Ranger is a good thing.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Dylan_John wrote:It's good to talk to people that think being a Ranger is a good thing.
It's not a good thing - it's the only thing.

Read and absorb.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome Dylan.....2 Mile time is good...try binging it down to about 12 and a half....that would kick ass....don't worry about the fight....sounds like it was in order.....sorry to hear about the parents and girlfriends attitude......just remember, everyone "loves a winner"........hang in there kid!
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

Thank you Rangers 42L5V, Hoover, and Dafid.

Ranger 42L5V I agree. It is the only thing that matters to me right now. Everything I'm doing at the moment is bringing me closer.

Ranger Hoover I'll be pumping up the run time plenty. It sucks to have almost no support from home but it just pushes me more. It doesn't really matter what they think anyway, this is for me.

Ranger Dafid thank you again and I will be busting my ass all day every day.
Deadpool
Ranger

Post by Deadpool »

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Drive on.
B Co. 1/75 '00 - '02

"I say we blow the fuckers up." - Booger
Dylan_John
Embryo

Post by Dylan_John »

Deadpool wrote:Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have the right attitude. Drive on.
Thank you Ranger Deadpool. I'm trying to avoid making the same mistakes the others have.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome, and good luck to you.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Once you secure your Opt 40 contract, you'd do well to look at getting a mentor. When that time comes we'll get you squared away.

I do have a question though, how old are those scores you posted?
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace

Return to “Introduction Archive”