Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations! Now go an get that two-mile run time to 12 minutes.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Rico
Ranger

Post by Rico »

Congrat's on securing your opt 40 contract. Now follow your goal through to conclussion, never quit, and good luck!!
WEBCO 2/75 1997 - 1998
HHC 2/75 Mortars 1998 - 2005
Ranger Class 7-99

Mentor to alex03209

I have brought you to the ring, dance if you can...

-William Wallace
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Ranger Bill,

Those are my intentions exactly. While my pushups and situps are lacking I can more easily fix that in OSUT by pumping them out in the barracks during downtime. Running is not as quick or easy to improve. Running at lest once a day should help bring me back to my track days when I could run two miles in under 12 minutes and 5 miles at an eight minute mile pace. It is only a matter of how much I want it, and to me I am beyond wanting, I need this. In my mind there is no doubt that I can do this, yes I have my work cut out for me, but if it is possible I will find a way.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good introduction. Your time here will be brief. Save yourself some study time by learning your 3 General Orders and the alphabet. You are off to a good start. Never, never quit.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Physical preparation is important; MENTAL preparation is imperative.
Prepare for the worst; you won't be disappointed.
Never give up physically. Your body will do things your mind never dreamed of.

Good Luck.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Deadpool
Ranger

Post by Deadpool »

Best of luck, kid. Stay focused on your goal.
B Co. 1/75 '00 - '02

"I say we blow the fuckers up." - Booger
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

noluckpete wrote:Rangers,

I can happily report in that I have obtained an US Army Airborne Ranger contract for 11X.
Welcome.

I hope you signed an 11x Airborne Option 40 contract. Because the 11x only doesn't get far...

Although you state US Army Airborne Ranger contract does it say "option 40"?
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Ranger Chiron,

Yes, it does say "option 40" and defiantly is a ranger contract. Taking the advice from other Rangers on this site the opt 40 was the first thing I looked for. When I said 11X I was implying that I am being trained as infantry instead of combat medic or a support MOS.
noluckpete
Infantryman

Post by noluckpete »

Rangers and all others,

Just as an update, I have graduated OSUT and am on leave untill I report for airborne on January 3rd. Last PT test was 300 with 79 pushups, 107 situps, and 12:50 run.

Obviously my run and pushups need work. I feel comfortable with my rucking abilities (as much as dumb *** PFC can be), being able to finish all of OSUT marches without too much trouble even when putting an extra 10lb for our 8mile(which turned into a 10mile) ruck.

I'm excited for airborne and I'm starting to learn knots and Ranger history starting now (I already know the Ranger Creed). I'm mixed about RIP. I am nervious I am not going to make it, I am pump up for the challange of something thats so hard that I am worried about making it, and a humble like feeling for getting the chance to try out for one of the most elite units and to learn from the best of the best.

I'm going to continue to drive on even harder and not let myself down by failing, but more importantly not fail my comrades and country by failing now after having givin me this chance of a life time.

I would rather die than quit.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Congratulations Soldier! I'm damn proud of you for your desire to serve and how far you have come to date.

300 is an awesome accomplishment. Be proud of that! 8) It will make the next few legs of your journey much easier.

Mostly, it will be just your attitude that will determine if you pass or fail at this point.
This quote here concerns me a bit : "I'm mixed about RIP. I am nervious I am not going to make it."

Don't get me wrong, the fear of the unknown and anticipation are both actually healthy in my opinion. They keep you from being laxidasical and comfortable/cocky, which can get you killed. So just turn your nervousness into a positive by training harder and always giving 100% and then some into each and every day and you will make it.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

noluckpete

Post by Steadfast »

Congratulations noluckpete on receiving your Blue Cord. You can select any avatar.

During the holiday season stay the fuck out of trouble/fights. Continue to keep your PT going & have an exceptionally good holiday Soldier.

Thank you for serving our country noluckpete.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

noluckpete wrote:Rangers and all others,

Just as an update, I have graduated OSUT and am on leave untill I report for airborne on January 3rd. Last PT test was 300 with 79 pushups, 107 situps, and 12:50 run.

Obviously my run and pushups need work. I feel comfortable with my rucking abilities (as much as dumb *** PFC can be), being able to finish all of OSUT marches without too much trouble even when putting an extra 10lb for our 8mile(which turned into a 10mile) ruck.

I'm excited for airborne and I'm starting to learn knots and Ranger history starting now (I already know the Ranger Creed). I'm mixed about RIP. I am nervious I am not going to make it, I am pump up for the challange of something thats so hard that I am worried about making it, and a humble like feeling for getting the chance to try out for one of the most elite units and to learn from the best of the best.

I'm going to continue to drive on even harder and not let myself down by failing, but more importantly not fail my comrades and country by failing now after having givin me this chance of a life time.

I would rather die than quit.
Up yours.

Didn't want you to go to RIP without hearing that...
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good deal! Don't get slow and sloppy over the holidays.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”