Oil Refinery work =$$$

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

AcoG275
Embryo

Oil Refinery work =$$$

Post by AcoG275 »

I'm just posting this here for anybody who might live near an oil refinery.

If you have an average job, get an average job at an oil refinery and get paid around 70k/yr(to START). Exxonmobile, chevron, shell, bp, valero, tesoro...etc Always hire off the street people, they will train you. It's not complicated work or hard, it's just that you better get used to 12 hour days atleast 4 days a week, and when they conduct maintenance on a unit, it's like 50-60 straight days of 12 hour shifts...but you're likely to make enough to buy a cadillac with cash afterwards :D

They just give you some stupid test that will test your basic high-school math skills, pass it and you're in.
Banned - Admin Concensus

20 JUN 2007
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

I have a good job, but it's very stressful. If I ever get out of my field, I'm doing something like this, or work overseas. I'm devorced now, so I guess I can do whatever the fuck I want. :?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Re: Oil Refinery work =$$$

Post by Jason113 »

AcoG275 wrote:I'm just posting this here for anybody who might live near an oil refinery.

If you have an average job, get an average job at an oil refinery and get paid around 70k/yr(to START). Exxonmobile, chevron, shell, bp, valero, tesoro...etc Always hire off the street people, they will train you. It's not complicated work or hard, it's just that you better get used to 12 hour days atleast 4 days a week, and when they conduct maintenance on a unit, it's like 50-60 straight days of 12 hour shifts...but you're likely to make enough to buy a cadillac with cash afterwards :D

They just give you some stupid test that will test your basic high-school math skills, pass it and you're in.
Is this on shore or offshore work?
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
AcoG275
Embryo

Post by AcoG275 »

On shore believe it or not. I can only imagine what the off-shore guys make :shock:

Something to look into, that's for sure.
Banned - Admin Concensus

20 JUN 2007
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

So, these oil rigs, seriously, just grab joes off the street, train them up, and start-out pay them around $70K/year?
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto
hobbit
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Oil Refinery work =$$$

Post by hobbit »

AcoG275 wrote:I'm just posting this here for anybody who might live near an oil refinery.

You're just a wealth of nonsense factoids, aren't you? Roughnecking is the dirtiest job on the planet. My dad was a petroleum geophysicist so I was around roughnecks all my growing life. Roughnecking is getting to be an archaic occupation though, since most seismic surveys are conducted by satellite now. Also, the big oil companies don't do much of their own seismic work any longer. A lot of it is subcontracted out to smaller seismic companies.

BTW Roughnecks don't work at "oil refineries". Roughnecks work mostly offshore or in the wilderness with mobile seismic crews.
L Company Ranger
RVN 70/71
75th RRA Life Member

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
Jason113
US Army Veteran

Post by Jason113 »

I've an uncle who fights oil well fires for a living, he's made some damn good money at it, but has said that guys are always getting fucked up in one way or another.
11-M,B co. 3/15 Inf.
24th I.D. 90-91
Formerly the_machine
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

Here's a link showing various entry-level jobs, and they are not starting at $70k/year. The Maintenance Roustabout starts out at $47k/year, which isn't bad for some guy off the street with no education/skills; but it's not $70k/year.

http://www.rigworker.com/jobs/entry.shtml
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

AcoG275
Embryo

Post by AcoG275 »

How would i know? I work at Exxon Mobil torrance in california :roll: fuck....Maybe it's a figure of my imagination or something.

Let me correct my self, they may state a salary, but that is before the CRAP LOAD of overtime you do against your will, and the turn-arounds(super maintenenace activities that replace worn pipes and such) which require 50+ straight days of work....They will train you, they are in need of skilled workers, and alot of the old farts are retiring, right now is a good time to look into this field.

I'm telling you, any MORON(maybe not some here) could walk off the street and easily approach 70k/yr....It's not hard work, it's just that you're there for fucking 12 hours a day, once in a while something will leak or spill or whatever and you got to work, but fuck it....Seriously, some of the people here and the money they make just don't mix.

IT'S THE OIL BUSINESS.....if there is one thing these bastards are not short on, it's money.

PS: Don't want to listen to me? fine i don't care, someone will apply at Mobil or Chevron or Shell or whoever the fuck and start raking in the dough. I think the minutemen are offering a competitive salary :roll:
Banned - Admin Concensus

20 JUN 2007
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

AcoG275 wrote:How would i know? I work at Exxon Mobil torrance in california :roll: fuck....Maybe it's a figure of my imagination or something.

Let me correct my self, they may state a salary, but that is before the CRAP LOAD of overtime you do against your will, and the turn-arounds(super maintenenace activities that replace worn pipes and such) which require 50+ straight days of work....They will train you, they are in need of skilled workers, and alot of the old farts are retiring, right now is a good time to look into this field.

I'm telling you, any MORON(maybe not some here) could walk off the street and easily approach 70k/yr....It's not hard work, it's just that you're there for fucking 12 hours a day, once in a while something will leak or spill or whatever and you got to work, but fuck it....Seriously, some of the people here and the money they make just don't mix.

IT'S THE OIL BUSINESS.....if there is one thing these bastards are not short on, it's money.

PS: Don't want to listen to me? fine i don't care, someone will apply at Mobil or Chevron or Shell or whoever the fuck and start raking in the dough. I think the minutemen are offering a competitive salary :roll:
This is outstanding!!!

XOM has made my family a lot of money-you know, BIG CORPORATIONS....

I thought you were in le? But you know what the best part is? I have a friend is pretty high up at XOM at....yuuuuuuup, Torrance, ca!! Maybe I can give him a call..........
AcoG275
Embryo

Post by AcoG275 »

Badmuther: It seems you're more intrested in personal vendetta's than trying to help out your fellow ranger. You're probably those types of people who find a job, make alot of money, and don't tell any one because you "made it" and are "special" :roll:

Once again:

If you live near an Oil Refinery, check it out. They are always hiring cause people are always quitting(shitbirds). They will train you. The Pay is excellent and the benefits are too. You do not need to be some idiot college grad to work here. If they are not hiring, still fill out the employment packets online, when they are they will send you a letter informing you of opportunities...

Seriously, i'm not bullshitting about the pay.
Banned - Admin Concensus

20 JUN 2007
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

AcoG275 wrote:Badmuther: It seems you're more intrested in personal vendetta's than trying to help out your fellow ranger. You're probably those types of people who find a job, make alot of money, and don't tell any one because you "made it" and are "special" :roll:

Once again:

If you live near an Oil Refinery, check it out. They are always hiring cause people are always quitting(shitbirds). They will train you. The Pay is excellent and the benefits are too. You do not need to be some idiot college grad to work here. If they are not hiring, still fill out the employment packets online, when they are they will send you a letter informing you of opportunities...

Seriously, i'm not bullshitting about the pay.
No, I'm just zeroed in on you because you are a knowitall asshole.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thread locked
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”